Download printable version
Job Title: Class Teacher - Parkwood Academy
Contract: Fixed term, ending 31/08/2024
Grade: Main Pay Scale 1 to 6 (Depending on experience)
Salary: £30,000.00 to £41,333.00 (Depending on experience)
Start Date: 4th January 2024
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd December 2023
Interview Date: w/c 11th December 2023
We have anexcitingopportunity for a dynamic and inspiring Class Teacher to join the welcoming and supportive team at Parkwood Academy working in KS2 on a fixed term contract.
Are you looking for the next step in your career, a new challenge and opportunity to widen the positive impact you have?
Do you have the drive, ambition and determination to secure positive outcomes for our pupils?
Do you want to work in a forward thinking and aspirational academy?
The successful candidate will:
· Are passionate about learning, creative in your approach and have the ability to encourage our children to become successful, self-motivated, happy and confident learners through engaging lessons.
· Have a proven track record of good or outstanding teaching.
· Have a positive and inspirational approach with a real passion for making a difference.
· Are ambitious and have high expectations of yourself and for your pupils.
· Have the ability to forge and maintain positive working relationships with children and their families.
· Want to be a valued member of a professional and supportive team.
· Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of our staff and wider Academy Trust team.
We can offer you:
· Welcoming and enthusiastic children who talk passionately about their school
· A dynamic and dedicated staff, with a great sense of humour, who want the best for all children, and invest in building positive relationships with the whole community
· A curriculum that is clearly sequenced and inspires children to remember knowledge using technology to motivate and inspire learning
· Collaborative opportunities to work across our trust; be involved with peer reviews leading to school improvement on a wider scale
· CPD opportunities to develop you as both a teacher and a leader
· 2-week October half term holiday (enjoy an off-peak holiday!)
· Early finish on Friday's (1:30pm) in addition to your weekly PPA and leadership release.
· A comprehensive Employee Assistance programme available to all employees.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
If you think you would complement our team, please contact the school office and arrange a visit; come and see for yourself the potential our school has.Please contact the school directly on 01245 354605 to arrange an appointment.
Please complete the application form on the South Essex Academy Trust website, located in the Vacancies tab. https://www.seacademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/
Parkwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.
Information about the School
Nestled in the heart of Melbourne Drive, Chelmsford, Parkwood Academy is a thriving primary school within the South Essex Academy Trust (SEAT), a dynamic network of schools that champion collaboration and mutual support. SEAT is a multi-academy trust comprising a family of primary schools that actively work together to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and staff.