Download printable version
Due to current career progression, we have an exciting opportunity available for a Room Leader position at Newhall Nursery!
Are you currently a level 3 practitioner looking for progression?
Are you a current Room Leader looking for a change?
If this answer is yes to either question then we would love to hear from you!
Job description - Room Leader
At Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery, we are looking for an exceptional Early Years Practitioner to work with our Nursery Manager, Early Years Phase Leader and other EYFS staff. We are looking for someone who is up for a challenge and wants to get stuck in with all aspects of our academy life!
The role is full-time working 37 hours per week between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday all year round. You will be required to attend monthly staff meetings.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Salary: SCP6 (£21,968) - SCP9 (£23,194) and an outer fringe allowance.
Newhall is a relatively new, state of the art academy on the Newhall development in Harlow, with the capacity for 420 children. It will grow year-on-year until it reaches full capacity. The Nursery has capacity for 56 children and is open all year round from 8am until 6pm. It offers both funded and private day care places.
The Academy and Nursery opened in September 2018. In 2023 the nursery and school were graded good in all areas by Ofsted. To see more information about Newhall, please visit our website.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working in childcare, has previous experience in a day care setting and knowledge of the current Early Years Framework. You must have recent experience of working with 2 to 4 year olds, and be able to show evidence of this. If you are hard-working and thrive on a challenge, have a good standard of both spoken and written English, then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have:
- The motivation to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
- Excellent inter-personal experience as an effective good and outstanding Early Years Practitioner.
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour.
- Good organisational skills.
- Creativity which drives all aspects of care and education.
In return we are able to offer:
- 23 days holiday per year (31 days including bank holidays)
- excellent support and in-house training from the Reach2 Academy Trust
- friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and governors
- lovely, kind children
- wonderful working environment - both inside and outside
- opportunities to observe and share good practice within the nursery but also have the opportunity to meet with primary staff as we all share one large, very smart staffroom
- a supportive leadership team who will encourage innovation and initiative
- a wider network within REAch2 Academy Trust, a Real Living Wage Employer, of support, exceptional practice and excellent CPD opportunities
- we offer competitive salary, pension and sick pay
- 40% childcare discount
How to apply
We hope you will take the time to find out more about our new academy and nursery and experience our warm welcome. For further information about the role, or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact the Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery Office.
Completed applications should be sent via e-mail to ourSchool Business Manager.
Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In applying for this post you are required to submit:
- A completed REAch2 Academy Trust Application form which contains the Person Specification form
Information about the School
Newhall is a new, 2-form, state of the art academy and nursery on the Newhall development in Harlow. The school has been built to accommodate 420 primary children (Reception to Year 6) and 56 nursery children (6 months to 4 years).
Our school and nursery are situated on vast grounds, incorporating sports fields, games courts and play areas. The main building itself offers a fully equipped curriculum kitchen for pupil use, a beautiful library, outbreak areas for interventions, a music and drama room and very well-resourced nursery rooms and primary classrooms.
All our staff have an excellent work ethic and deliver high quality learning opportunities for our polite and eager-to-learn children. We have a caring, family ethos coupled with high expectations and along with the Reach2 Academy Trust, we are able to provide high quality CPD for all who work here.
We look forward to having you join our Newhall family!