Download printable version
Merrylands Primary School and Nursery has an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to join our fantastic team in January 2024.
The hours are 8:30am to 1:00pm Monday to Friday, 22.5 hours per week, term time only plus 5 INSET days (39 weeks per year).
Salary: Scale 3 or 4 (Points 5 to 7) dependent on qualifications and experience. Actual salary £12,610 to £13,024 per annum (which includes paid annual leave which must be taken during school closure periods).
Applications close: Midday on Monday 4th December 2023. Interviews: Thursday 14th December 2023
Merrylands Primary School and Nursery is located in Cumberland Drive, Laindon, Basildon. We are one of ten schools which form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant to work as part of our teaching and learning team. Upper KS2 experience is preferred but not essential.
We are looking for an individual who will:
- be an enthusiastic, hardworking and dependable team member to support children of all abilities in the classroom
- have energy, enthusiasm and a flexible approach with the ability to look upon demands as an opportunity to be positive and inspirational
- believe in inclusion, diversity, access and the right of each pupil to maximise their full potential, whatever their needs and abilities
- have high expectations of the children and themselves with a passion for raising standards and attainment
- work well as part of a team and has a commitment to improving and developing their own practice
We can offer you:
- a well-resourced learning environment with enthusiastic and supportive staff
- a forward looking school that is dedicated to the success of all children and staff
- access to our Employee Assistance Programme for all staff and their families
- a commitment to continued professional development
Berlesduna is a Trust that values and invests in staff, excellent training, development and planned career progression.
We welcome visits to the school prior to application. Visits can be arranged by contacting Gaynor Collier at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 01268 417893.
Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should you require any further documentation please do not hesitate to contact us.
Information about the School
Merrylands Primary School and Nursery has an excellent reputation in the local community. We are one of seven schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.