Download printable version
Salary - Estimated Actual £37,336 to £45,441 per annum + Fringe FTE £988
Hours - 37 per week, Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 4 pm and Friday 7:30 am to 3:30 pm (1 hour unpaid break)
This is an exciting new role within TKAT and has arisen through the introduction of the TKAT three-year strategic plan #oneTKATfamily.
Joining the four primary academies as the Regional Premises Manager you will work under the guidance of, and in partnership with the Regional Business Partner supporting them with strategic planning for estates and Health and Safety, compliance monitoring, day-to-day line management of the site teams, creating a robust support network for the schools and completing and owning administrative tasks.
The four academies are:
- Heybridge Primary School, CM9 4TU
- Maldon Primary School, CM9 5DQ
- Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy, RM4 1EJ
- Willow Brook Primary School and Nursery, CO4 0DT
There will also be the opportunity to get involved in project work aiding your own personal career development.
This role will require working onsite at each academy Heybridge Primary School CM9 4TU, Maldon Primary School CM9 5DQ, Stapleford Abbotts Primary School RM4 1EJ & Willow Brook Primary School and Nursery CO4 0DT. With at least a once-a-week presence on each site, to be determined by business requirements at the time. There will also be the possibility of remote/hybrid working to be determined by business requirements.
Who should apply?
We are looking for an excellent communicator who can inspire confidence and trust. An organised individual that can multitask and respond to Estates and H&S matters in a calm, collected manner.
This role is perfect for someone who has a consolidated Estates and H&S background and is now looking to develop their generalist skills. Experience working in an educational setting would be an advantage. The role will have a flexible approach to work where required with the ability to work independently as needed.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Trained in Health & safety, PAT testing, working at heights, manual handling Etc.
- Experience of mandatory H/S compliance including but not limited to Fire, Legionella, Asbestos and Gas
- Experience of dealing with contractors on site for various tasks
- Experience of risk assessment, method statement and their delivery
- Level 2 NVQ in Literacy and Numeracy or GCSE Grade C equivalent
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Intermediate knowledge of ICT with an emphasis on on-site management and compliance
- Previous experience of working within a premises role in a school or public building
- Experience of cleaning in a work environment
- Proven experience in carrying out maintenance in a school or similar organisation
- A working understanding of GDPR and confidentiality
- Ability to work in an organised manner and use own initiative
- Ability to solve problems and find solutions, demonstrating a methodical and logical approach
- A good attention to detail
- The ability to lead and manage a team
- The ability work to deadlines as required and drives performance within others
- The ability to maintain focus under pressure and prioritise workload appropriately
- Problem-solving skills, able to independently find solutions, but knows when to escalate issues
- Builds confidence with colleagues and schools by taking ownership and demonstrating an understanding of issues and providing prompt resolution where possible
If you would like to have an informal discussion before applying please contact Kenneth Sheard, Regional Primary Business Partner, email@example.com the closing date. Internal applicants should discuss this with their line manager prior to submitting an expression of interest for this role.
Investing in our employees wellbeing and career development is a priority for us, we can offer you:
- Excellent ongoing CPD and vast promotion opportunities across the trust
- Coaching and mentoring
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work life balance
- The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change
- Cycle to work scheme
- TKAT Widerwallet discount program with a wealth of discounts
- Free eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme - free & confidential advice on a variety of subjects ranging from physical and mental health to financial help
The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South & East of England with 45 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT Family. Our ultimate aim is to ensure we drive educational standards through the provision of outstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all. Within the#oneTKATfamily, the shared and common purpose is to work together as a community of schools to ensure that every child, whatever their background, receives a high quality education. We place a high value on collaboration;'achieving more together', giving staff the opportunity to come together and learn, ensuring a shared sense of purpose across our network and by sharing expertise across the TKAT family.
We have a flexible approach to interviews and can offer a range of dates and times to suit your personal circumstances.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full safer recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Our Commitment - Equal, Inclusive, Diverse
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic. We have a whole school approach to flexible working to promote a positive work life balance.
TKAT recognises the value of enabling our employees to develop their career and balance this with their commitments and interests outside of work. In TKAT we promote flexible working practices and opportunities to support and value wellbeing.
Access to interview
Should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist, we will.
Information about the School
Stapleford Abbotts School was built in 1887 and has been an important part of village life since its establishment. Over the past ten years, the school has become popular and there has been considerable amount of refurbishment and new build. The school attracts children from a wide catchment area and from the neighbouring London Boroughs of Redbridge, Dagenham, and Havering. We are committed to. Involving the wider community with school life and work closely with other agencies including other rural schools in the Epping area.