Download printable version
Due to the retirement of our current Finance Manager (April 2024), we have a wonderful opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Finance Manager to join aour Special School in Harlow.
This is a term time, plus two weeks contract, working 24hours per week, start and finish times to be agreed with the successful candidate. Scale 7 pay range £27,852 - £31,099 - pro rata to contract.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
You will report directly to the Business Manager and will be responsible for the day-to-day finance functions including management of financial systems and processes, financial reporting, payroll.
This will be a varied and accountable role and an integral part of the operations of the School and Collegeand requires a commercially astute and passionate individual. If this sounds like you, please read below:
• Responsible for the whole day-to-day finance function
• Responsible for year end returns / audits
• Preparing management documents and information such as management accounts, cash flows, working with the Business Manager on budgetary planning and forecasting.
* Income generation
• Managing accurate records of purchase and sales ledger, banking, petty cash, reconciliation, P&L accounts, balance sheets, 16-19 Bursary and adhoc payments
• Taking the lead for any credit control processes
• Liaising with external stakeholders
• Experience within a similar role
• Ideally you will have knowledge of working within the education sector, training will be provided
• Professional qualification in Finance and Accounting will be advantageous
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong IT skills and ability to handle a busy work load
• Excellent interpersonal skills
What's in it for you?
•Free Tea, Coffee, Juices
• Parking on site
• Company pension contributions
• Wellbeing initiatives and programs
•Continuous Professional Development
Information about the School
Harlow Fields School and College is an all age special school for pupils with severe, moderate and complex needs. We are an inclusive, vibrant learning environment offering high quality education and care for all.