Download printable version
The Trustees of the Christus Catholic Trust are seeking to appoint on a fixed term contract
An Early Years Practitioner
Salary - Band 4 (point 12 to 20)
Starting salary: £21,593 FTE
32.5 hours per week - 8.30am-3.30pm 1/2 hour break for 39 weeks.
Start date: 1st January 2023
Location: Holy Cross Catholic Primary School, South Ockendon, Essex
We are currently recruiting for an Early Years Practitioner for our nursery at Holy Cross Catholic Primary School.
The role of the Practioner will be to lead and manage the nursery and to deliver the highest standards of care and education.
You must have at least three years nursery experience, hold a full and relevant qualification in Early Years at Level 3 or above (Early Years Degree preferred), understand and ensure the requirements of the EYFS and Ofsted are met and have good experience working in a nursery.
Duties will include:
· Creating a safe and stimulating environment to promote learning and inclusion for all children.
· Building relationships with parents and carers, schools, other childcare professionals and agencies.
· Leading a small team of staff
· Helping to recruit staff following safer recruitment practices
· Coaching and Training the nursery team
. Working effectively with the EYFS Lead
· Working within environmental, health and safety and fire regulations
· Keeping up to date with developments across the early years' sector
· Making sure the nursery meets Ofsted and Early Years Foundation Stage standards.
The ideal candidate will:
· Hold a minimum Level 3 qualification in childcare / early years (Early years degree qualification desirable)
· Have a great working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
The academy and the Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
A dynamic and collaborative team of professionals across the academy and Trust, who work in partnership and are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support and sharing practices whilst providing an effective Catholic education for the children in our communities.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, 1st December 2023 by midday
Interviews will be held on: To be confirmed to sucessful applicants
Holy Cross Catholic Primary School and the Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Please ensure you complete all the forms, including application, found in the advert. Should you have any problems downloading these forms please contact the school on firstname.lastname@example.org
A completed application form and all other related documents should be sent by email to finance@holycrossprimary,thurrock.sch.uk
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted