Download printable version
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic, committed and caring person to join our hard working team of Teaching Assistants. This is a fixed term contract (Jan-Aug 2024), working 0845-1145 Monday-Friday, term time only (no inset days). The role is funded by and therefore linked to pupil funding.
Experience of supporting children with individual high level needs would be preferred but all applications are welcome as training and a comprehensive induction will be provided.
The role will require assisting in the support of differentiated teaching and learning; implementing an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP); contributing to annual reviews and liaising with various outside agencies as well as building a positive relationship with parents/carers.
The successful candidate will be a capable and enthusiastic practitioner, familiar with the needs of pupils in the primary classroom and with a willingness to contribute to the broader life of this busy school.
We are looking to appoint someone who possesses the following:
- a calm, patient personality, who is highly organised
- the ability to engage and motivate children
- enthusiasm, commitment and flexibility with excellent interpersonal skills
- commitment to working as a member of a team, and also shows initiative to work independently
- good literacy and numeracy skills
- communicates clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- an enthusiasm / desire to learn and develop
- shows excellent communication skills, a warm and caring personality and a good sense of humour
- understands the importance of an inclusive environment and high expectations of pupil behaviour
- has a welcoming and friendly approach with a high level of professionalism.
White Bridge Primary School will offer you:
- The chance to work and develop in a good primary school
- Supportive and friendly staff
- Personal and professional development opportunities
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the child is safe and happy during the school day
- Supporting the childinsude and outside the classroom environment and aiding their learning as effectively as possible
- Clarifying and explaining instructions
- Ensuring the child is able to use any equipment and materials provided
- Assisting them with their challenges, such as language, behaviour and social skills
- Meeting their physical needs as required and encourage independence
- Liaising with the child's class teacher, SENDCO, other school adults and parent if necessary
- Assisting the child with toileting if necessary
- Working with the SENDCO and class teacher to develop and implement the child's EHC plan
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is therefore subject to an enhanced DBS check and medical clearance and satisfactory references.
Information about the School
White Bridge Primary School is a thriving school, set on the edge of Epping Forest and next to a large area consisting of Nature Reserve and Parkland. We are easily accessible on public transport. White Bridge Primary School is part of the Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust. Our building is spacious, with well-equipped classrooms, halls, library, computer suite and study areas. The grounds are large with plenty of space for outdoor learning and play.