Download printable version
Holly Trees Primary School is a welcoming and inclusive school with an opportunity for an experienced and friendlyAssistant Catering Managerto join our staff.
Hours will be 25 hours per week from 9 am to 2 pm Monday to Friday term time only 43.6 weeks per year
Salary will be Essex Pay Scale 4 Points 7-8 - £24983 - £25391 FTE (Full Time Equivalent) inclusive of Fringe Allowance per annum.
We have 420 pupils in our school and currently we prepare and serve approximately 280-300 meals a day.
We are looking to recruit a friendly and child-focusedAssistant Catering Managerto help plan and prepare delicious home cooked food for our pupils. You will be innovative, creative and passionate, ensuring our children have the best experience of healthy eating from a young age.
You will have some degree of experience of catering on a small or larger scale, reviewing and implementing change, and be able to deliver high quality healthy food on budget and on time.
The successful candidate will:
· Assist the Catering Manager plan and develop menus that meet the required standards
· Promote school meals to parents and pupils
· Cook great food!
· Have proven high standards of hygiene and food preparation
· Able to follow sound hygiene practices
· Ensure that health and safety regulations are observed
· Follow the menu and recipes agreed
· Show patience, kindness and care towards our children
· Be a team player
. Use initiative when required
· Maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory school regulations.
We can offer:
· A good school where 'positive and caring relationships have created an environment where pupils feel safe and are safe'.
· Children who are 'exceptionally' well behaved.
· Friendly and supportive staff.
· A wonderful environment 'at the heart of the local community'.
· A supportive leadership team and strong Governing Body.
· Support and training will be available for candidates who demonstrate the necessary skill set.