Download printable version
Fun 4 Kids at Camulos Academy are looking for a level 3 practitioner in a Manager role at this busy breakfast and after school club.
The position of manager is a great opportunity for an experienced early years educator looking to further develop their leadership skills and career within Fun 4 Kids.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 7am-9am and 2.45pm-6.00pm, 26.25 hours per week with an additional 2.5 hours to complete paperwork. The contract is permanent and is all year round. During school holidays daily hours can be worked in the companies holiday club at Highwoods.
Main duties include:
· Open and close the setting taking full responsibility for the day to day running of the setting. Act as keyholder for the school in order to close it on rare occasions.
· Monitor and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment.
· Signing staff and children in, out and absent on NIB.
· Showing prospective children and their parents around, ensuring that they are welcomed and receive a positive experience.
· Actively promote the club and attend school open evenings as required.
· Positively communicating club information and queries with parents, school, Fun 4 Kids office staff, immediate team and other organisations face to face, by email, text and telephone.
· Implement risk assessment and ensure ongoing risk assessments are used and updated as necessary.
· Lead safeguarding in the setting ensuring the policy is adhered to at all times. This includes supporting and advising staff and students on matters of safeguarding as well as liaising with statutory agencies, parents and carers as appropriate.
· Attend safeguarding forums to ensure you have current knowledge to share with your team.
· Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to parents/carers.
· Ensure that each child is cared for to the highest possible standard with regard to their unique personalities and individual needs. This includes meeting with the school SENDCO where a child shows signs of SEND.
· Support children to develop their independence and emotional regulation.
· Assist with intimate care of a child.
· Oversee the delivery of the EYFS, supporting staff to ensure they are delivering it effectively.
· Implement a good standard of behaviour management as set out in the company training guide.
· Consult with children regarding club activity choices, snacks, behaviour and wellbeing.
· Complete administration tasks, including club diary, daily registers and all other relevant information regarding staff and child records throughout the session.
· Delegating sessional daily tasks fairly amongst the workforce to ensure the environment is prepared and ready for the children to access on arrival ensuring a rich environment with learning opportunities.
· Observe staff regularly to support their practice.
· Communicating policy updates to staff and seek confirmation that they have been read and understood to ensure that everyone works within the framework of the club's policies and procedures.
· Provide ongoing support and supervision including induction process, supervision meetings, continuous professional development and in house training to play workers and other staff, including volunteers, deal with any issues that may arise and report to the ADM or MD as necessary.
· Holding regular staff meetings and consulting with the ADM/MD with regards to regular reviews and appraisals for staff, staff working hours and any absences the MD may not be aware of.
· Reflect on practice by seeking the thoughts and opinions from hierarchy, staff team, children, parents, carers and schools.
· Delegate and be part of purchasing the club breakfasts/snacks and resources from club funds, following protocol in submitting receipts.Ensure breakfasts and snacks are in line with current government guidelines with the schools food standard guide.
· Implement good hygiene practices into the setting to ensure that health and safety standards are met and ensuring the environment is clean and tidy at the end of each session.
· Consult with staff to ensure that each half term the club and its resources are clean and safe to use (this may involve coming in to setting during the holiday or inset days).
· Store and administer medication correctly.
· Administering first aid and completing the relevant paperwork.
· Ensure fire drills and lock down procedure are conducted regularly and records kept.
· Ensure all staff take turns in laundering cleaning cloths and tea towels.
· Carry out any other duties as necessary.
· Experience of working with 3 to 11 year olds
· Experience of administration
· Experience of working in a supervisory or management capacity
· Delivering equal opportunities in a play setting
· Understanding the varied needs of children and families
· Appropriate Level 3 or above qualification
· Providing and facilitating safe, stimulating play
· Ability to work as a team member and demonstrate leadership skills
· Excellent communication skills together with sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of the children*
· Ability to work on own initiative, using judgement and common sense
· Sound Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
· At least 2 years experience of working in a childcare setting
· Experience of working within a play-based setting
· Experience of budgeting
· Ability to use IT based resources to support play and club administration
· Current driving licence
· Level 3 Safeguarding certificate
· Current 12-hour Paediatric First Aid Certificate
· Food Hygiene Certificate
Paid day off on your birthday
Pension scheme contributions
A generous 100% discount if your child attends any Fun 4 Kids setting
Access to Bupa Employee Assistance Programme
Information about the School
Fun 4 Kids is a family run company that has been established since June 2005. We pride ourselves in the quality of care that we offer the children and families who use our wraparound care and holiday club services.
We are committed to ensure every staff member is supported in their continuous professional development and their well-being.
Fun 4 Kids uses safe recruitment practices to ensure that all people working with the children in our care are safe and qualified to do so.
All job offers are subject to the receipt of suitable references and full sight of a satisfactory enhanced DBS certificate and written confirmation that the applicant is not disqualified from working with children.
Fun 4 Kids at Camulos Academy operates daily from the school hall. It is a popular setting with up to 30 children attending each session.