Download printable version
Post: Class Teacher Jobshare
(Fixed term contract for two terms - 2 days per week)
Responsible to: The Headteacher
Salary/Grade: Main Pay Scale
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested where required.
Scope: Classroom Teacher
Duties: The Conditions of Employment for School Teachers
(Document on Pay and Conditions) specify the general professional duties of all teachers. In addition, certain particular duties are reasonably required to be exercised and completed in a satisfactory manner.
· Supporting the vision, ethos and policies of the school and promoting high levels of achievement.
· Supporting the creation and implementation of the school improvement plan.
· Organising and managing teaching and learning.
· The development and monitoring of the curriculum provision.
· Supporting the Headteacher in the monitoring of the quality of teaching and children's achievements.
· The pastoral care of children, promoting independence and good behaviour, in accordance with school policies
· Ensuring that parents are fully involved in their child's learning and development and well-informed about the curriculum, their child's individual targets, progress and achievement
· Developing the use of new and emerging technologies and techniques within the classroom
Teaching and Learning
· Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
· Setting tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest
· Setting appropriate and demanding expectations
· Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment
· Identifying SEN or very able pupils
· Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge
· Making effective teaching and best use of available time
· Maintaining good conduct and learning behaviours in accordance with the school's procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
· Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time
· Using a variety of teaching methods to match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
· Use effective questioning, listen carefully to pupils, give attention to errors and misconceptions
· Select appropriate learning resource's and develop study skills through library, I.C.T. and other sources
· Ensuring pupils acquire and consolidate knowledge skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught
· Critically evaluating own teaching to improve effectiveness
· Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support
· Taking account of pupils' needs by providing structured learning opportunities which develop the areas of learning identified in national and local policies and particularly the foundations for English and Mathematics
· Encouraging pupils to think and talk about their learning, develop self-control and independence, concentrate and persevere and listen attentively
· Using a variety of teaching strategies which involve planned adult intervention, first-hand experience and play and talk as a vehicle for learning.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
· Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching
· Provide feedback for pupils and set targets with the Senior Leadership Team for progress
· Assess and record pupils' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognize the level at which the pupil is achieving
· Prepare and present informative reports to parents.
· Contribute to the whole school's development activities
These duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the school at the reasonable direction of the Headteacher. This job description does not form part of the contract of employment. It describes the way the post holder is expected to perform and complete the particular duties as set out above.
Information about the School
Pemberley Academy is a vibrant one form entry primary school based in Harlow, Essex. We opened our doors to our pupils in September 2015 after our premises had an extensive refurbishment..
The site is situated within walking distance to both the bus station and Harlow town rail line and is in close proximity to the A414 and A10 and within a short drive from the M11.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.