Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
We are looking to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant who has the skills, creativity and expertise to work in partnership with teachers to devise an exciting, child-centred curriculum in order to raise children's enthusiasm, engagement and achievement. You will have experience of working in Early Years and Key Stage 1
Our strong and enthusiastic staff team are committed to inclusion, with a mutually shared belief in nurturing the individual through celebrating each pupil's special, unique qualities and skills. Our core aim is to develop children's self-belief so that they can achieve greatness, celebrating with them every step of the way!
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, enthusiastic person who enjoys using their own initiative. Experience is desirable. The hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8.30 to 15.15, you will have a 30 minute lunch break and cover the childrens lunch break for 30 minutes.
The successful candidate must have:
- Level 3 qualification in childcare
- Good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C.
- Experience within a school setting and working with children with additional needs, esepcially EYFS and KS1.
- Support students with early literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative.
We can offer:
- Dedicated and positive staff.
- Well behaved and enthusiastic pupils.
- A welcoming, positive and warm working environment.
- An environment where everyone is valued.
- Dedicated teaching team with an excellent support staff.
- Collaborative leadership.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged - please contact the school on 01255 860210.
Engaines Primary School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow the safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references.
Information about the School
Our school thrives by fostering relationships between staff, parents, governors, children and the wider community.
Every member of our school community is committed to creating the best possible learning environment for your child. Whilst we strive for high academic standards we are also committed to developing the creative, physical, emotional and social aspects in our children.
We look forward to meeting and working with you.
Information about the School
Engaines is a beautiful village school with an ethos to match. Every child can Believe, Achieve and Succeed. We want our children to demonstrate our CHERISH values in all that they do. This will prepare them for their future lives in the wider world.