Download printable version
Position Type: Finance Assistant
Employment Type: Permanent Contract
Hours: 16 hours per week (Term Time only)
Salary: Essex School's Pay Scale, Scale 2 Spine 3 to Scale 2 Point 4 (dependent on experience) - actual starting salary £8,470 - £8,607 (including fringe)
Working Pattern: Hours to be worked over 3 to 5 days - to be agreed at interview/offer stage
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint a Finance Assistant to join our friendly, busy office. The successful candidate will:
- Have solid office administrative/finance experience.
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and a welcoming, positive outlook.
- Have achieved at least a grade C/4 in GCSE Maths and English.
- Be efficient, versatile and able to work on their own initiative.
- Have an excellent telephone manner.
- Be able to prioritise their own workload & plan effectively.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure and have a positive and sunny disposition.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with the inputting of purchase orders onto Access (finance system), prior to ordering, and adhering to the individual set budgetary limits.
- Assisting with the timely inputting of invoices onto Access.
- Be responsible for monitoring outstanding orders and chasing suppliers when required.
- Be responsible for checking full receipt of orders, annotating the records appropriately.
We can offer:-
- An Outstanding School
- 2-week May/June half term holiday (enjoy an off-peak holiday!)
- One non-school based Professional Development Day
- A great work-life balance, job satisfaction and FABULOUSLY supportive colleagues who like to have fun (and have 'goodies' on a Friday!)
- Happy, motivated, well behaved and hard-working children
- A diverse and inclusive school community with strong Governor and Parent support
- A friendly and supportive team of teachers, Learning Support Assistants and Support Staff
- An attractive and extremely well-resourced environment (swimming pool, 300-seater theatre, dedicated sports hall)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post, you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
Lee Chapel Primary School & Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.