Download printable version
Do you have a strong interest in Early Years pedagogy with the creativity, passion and resilience to be able to inspire and motivate our young children?
Are you committed to our vision of high expectations and the relentless pursuit of excellence for all our learners?
If so, then we would love to hear from you.
Woodcroft Nursery School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Level 3 Nursery Practitioner Apprentice to join our wonderful team.
We are a vibrant, innovative and highly successful organisation.
We work tirelessly to ensure that individual characteristics including age, ethnicity, socio-economic background, academic ability, disability, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation are not discriminated against in any way. We create environments characterised by mutual respect where difference is celebrated and where individual differences don't act as a barrier to success.
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults in your care and those you come into contact with.
- Contribute to the development of how we observe, respond to, support and record children's progress in partnership with families, other staff and professionals.
- Keep up to date with current early years practice, local and national policy.
- Develop skills in using information technology.
- Participate in staff review processes to support personal and professional development.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities legislation and the Statutory Framework of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Work positively and inclusively so that the Nursery delivers services that do not discriminate against people on the ground of their age, sexuality, religion or belief, race, gender or disabilities.
- Actively work towards the apprenticeship frameworks provided with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe.
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in developing your own skills within the workplace.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development.
- Work flexibly, in the interests of the children and families of Woodcroft Nursery School
(This may include undertaking other duties provided that these are appropriate to the employee's background, skills and abilities. Where this occurs there will be consultation with the employee and any necessary personal development will be taken into account.)
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent organisational skills and be able to prioritise own and others work.
- Can work alongside our other Nursery staff to plan teaching and learning for all the children inside and outside using the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
- Can lead and support class, group and individual activities inside and outside.
- Can monitor children's progress, assess achievement and record results and observations, sharing outcomes with others in school and parents.
- Is committed to supporting smooth and successful transitions from home, from other settings and moving onto reception.
- Has a 'can do' mentality with a desire to overcome challenges that arise.
- Is a team-player with good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Is committed to professional development and has high expectations of own practice.
- An awareness, understanding and compassionate approach towards inclusion.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the emerging needs of children.
In return, we offer:
- Wonderful children, who are keen to learn.
- A warm and friendly working environment.
- Supportive and engaged parents.
- A creative and caring workforce where 'everyone matters'.
- Large, established outdoor spaces that provide open-ended use of natural resources.
- Forest School sessions.
- An inclusive school, where high standards and excellence are valued.
- Staff that work whole heartedly as a team to deliver the best possible outcomes for our children and families.
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development.
- Governor and leadership team support and commitment to develop Woodcroft Nursery into an outstanding place to work and learn for all.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, governors, parents, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment.An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
Visits to the school are encouraged, please telephone to arrange (01245) 473222.
Information about the School
Woodcroft Nursery School is a maintained nursery school providing funded educational services for 2-5 year olds. Our dedicated and experienced team comprises of qualified teachers, nursery nurses and nursery practitioners. We have extensive indoor and outdoor facilities including Forest School. We offer a range of extended services including breakfast and after school clubs.