Download printable version
(Band Scale 3 pt4-5 + Fringe Allowance+ Pending Pay award)
Full time equivalent: £21,189-£21,575 + Fringe £663 (+Pending pay award)
Actual Salary: £12,267.39-£12,490.86 +383.84 (+Pending pay award)
25 ½ hours a week Full time (Term time) role.
Fixed term role with potential to upgrade to permanent, based on continued school funding.
St Teresa's Catholic Primary School is a one form entry Catholic school located in Basildon. We were last inspected in October 2021 and received a judgement of 'Good'. We are very proud of our pupils who are polite, kind to one another and keen to learn. They appreciate everything that is done for them.
We wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant to happy to work in any key stage.
We are looking for somebody with commitment, energy and drive to join our dedicated, friendly team and work closely with us to provide positive learning experiences for all our pupils. Opportunities exist to enhance salary advertised through provision of additional activities.
This post is suitable for experienced or recently qualified teaching assistant candidates (Level 2-3) or higher level teaching assistants (Level 4). Although this qualification is not a requirement, unqualified applicants should be prepared to take on this qualification if it is offered in school.
Applicants with experience in supporting SEN students are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are looking at hiring as many as two TAs due to a recent increase in funding for supporting children with SEN.
If succesful, work could range from 1:1 support with SEN students, supporting whole class teaching, some administrative classroom tasks and running small group interventions.
The successful candidate will:
· Be able to support in the delivery of high-quality learning experiences for all pupils.
· Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children;
· Be supportive, nurturing and understanding
· Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience.
· Communicate well with pupils, parents, carers and colleagues.
· Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written.
· Work well as part of a supportive, friendly team
· Support the Catholic ethos of our school.
In return you will receive:
· Excellent professional development
· The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues
· A supportive environment with many CPD opportunities
· Pupils who are eager to learn, impeccably behaved and appreciative of everything done to support them
· Supportive parents
· A friendly and supportive team.
We reserve the right close the advertisement early, so please submit your application at the soonest opportunity.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring check via the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged through the school office by phoning Miss Aldridge on 01268 553502 or emailing the school at email@example.com
Closing Date:December 8th
Interviews: Week commencing11th December
Position starts officially on the 4th January, however early starts would be considered.
Candidates shortlisted will receive notification of interview.