Download printable version
Sports Coach - Greenways Primary School
A sports coach is required at Greenways Primary School to provide children from Early Years through to Year 6 with high-quality PE provision, both in and outside of the curriculum.
37 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 8.15 am to 4.25 pm, Friday 8.15 - 4.20 pm including 45 minutes unpaid lunch
Term time plus Inset days
Salary:Level 6, Scale point 13 - 20
Actual salary £23,191.75
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced sports coach to join our happy, vibrant learning community from 4th January 2024. The role will involve delivering a coordinated programme of high-quality PE lessons and extra-curricular opportunities across all phases of our primary school.
The successful applicant will be:
- An outstanding practitioner committed to working in partnership with class teachers and the PE lead to ensure that lessons meet the individual needs of the children
- Experienced in leading trips to competitions and extra-curricular clubs with an awareness of the need to risk assess all activities
- Passionate about helping children to overcome barriers to their engagement and learning in PE
- Able to think creatively to make learning in PE exciting and relevant
- Highly organised and able to manage their time effectively
- Reflective practitioners who are keen to develop their skills and progress in their role.
- Positive, flexible, and able to work effectively as part of a wider team
We can offer:
- Opportunities for further development including training in additional sports to level 1/2 as needed to further the role.
- Fantastic resources and environment including a woodland area, two fields, and a swimming pool.
- A focus on staff well-being as part of the Learning in Harmony Trust putting staff first and providing many incentives and opportunities including the Perkbox scheme.
Closing date: Thursday 30th November (midnight)
Shortlisting: Friday 1st December
Interview date: Wednesday 6th December
Learning in Harmony Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and the successful applicant will need a satisfactory enhanced DBS certificate and supportive references.
Our aim is to foster a culture of inclusivity that celebrates differences, promotes understanding, and ensures that no one is discriminated against in any way. By embracing diversity, we believe we can tap into the unique perspectives and talents of our employees, creating a more innovative and creative workforce that can better meet the needs of our pupils.
Information about the School
Our large primary school is a happy, vibrant learning community situated in Southend-on-Sea.
The school is situated only 300m from the beach. We are blessed to have a large site with some fantastic facilities including our own swimming pool, Forest Schools area, environmental area and pond as well as two large playing fields.
Our community is a place of learning and friendship. We provide a happy and nurturing environment, so that as well as maturing into well-rounded, healthy young people, our children develop a passion for learning.
We are proud to be part of the Learning in Harmony Trust a values driven family of schools based in Southend and Newham.