Download printable version
"Igniting the flicker into a flame"
Early Years HLTAs take a unique and important place within our innovative and passionate school team; using skills, knowledge and expertise to support teachers and class teams to discover and enhance our young people's true and unique potential.
Glenwood is an amazing place to be for both learners and staff. We aim for nothing but the best in support of our learners and our mission is to be transformational. Our model is deeply rooted in making progress that is meaningful for learners and their families.
The successful candidates will a be professional who recognises the importance of doing things differently to ensure learners achieve and enjoy life.
We are looking for an Early Years HLTA who can recognise the unique "fabulousness" and unique contributions of our learners, demonstrate initiative and contribute great ideas towards their lives.
As an Early Years HLTA at Glenwood School, you will be a member of a daring and dynamic team and work closely with a diverse team of education and health professionals.
This is a challenging role which will be demanding in terms of thinking outside the box and coming up with brave and creative solutions. However, support will be there when you need it. We offer the chance to shape a role and to be involved with something very special.
We are looking forward to welcoming new professionals to our team. Visits to the school are welcomed, please contact the school office to arrange. We look forward to receiving your application.
Glenwood is a brave special school for pupils aged 3-19 years and we currently provide for 228 young people. We moved into a superb building in September 2017 and we are developing a successful 20 bed residential provision, which is an educational intervention, as part of the school's holistic approach.
- Early Years HLTAs stand shoulder to shoulder with class teachers and support with decision making around class organisation, curriculum and communication with parents/carers
- To provide insight into best practice and effective strategies across classes
- To play a key role in sharing significant experience and expertise to promote the quality of education at Glenwood
- Early Years HLTA's are expected to deliver lessons and to plan and prepare lessons as required.
- Early Years HLTA's are expected to analyse and report on learner progress
- To work with class teachers and support class teams, including Learning Support Assistants and Lead LSAs to work positively and effectively with our young people
- To lead discussions during corridor meetings linked to best use of skills, expertise and resources to support the outcomes of young people
- To use time after-school, with initiative and judgement, most effectively, to plan your lessons and support teachers/classes
- To collaborate with leaders across the school to generate ideas and find solutions
Please see the attached Job Pack for full information regarding this role
Salary and working pattern information:
36.25 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm term time only (38 weeks)
Local Government pay scale 6 points 13-17
Actual salary£22,459 to £24,044 (Full time equivalent £26,873 to £28,770) pay award pending