Download printable version
Job Title: Learning Support Assistant - Parkwood Academy
Contract: Fixed term, ending 31st August 2023
Hours: 26 hours, 38 weeks - term time only
Grade: Scale 3 Point 5-6 (Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £13,808.77 to £14,039.70 per annum (depending on experience)
Start Date: 4th January 2023
Closing Date: 3rd December 2023
Interview Date: w/c 11th December 2023
We have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Learning Support Assistant to join our dedicated and supportive team based at Parkwood Academy
Do you have the determination and energy to secure positive outcomes for our pupils?
Do you want to work in a forward thinking and aspirational academy?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual, who enjoys using their own initiative as well as working as part of a team. Working 26 hours per week; Monday to Friday, term time only.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C or equivalent.
- Be educated to NVQ Level 2 in learning support / early years or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Have experience working with a child in a school / early years' environment.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to overcome communication barriers with children and adults.
- Understand and support the importance of social and emotional wellbeing.
- Be adaptable to work within a small, specialised team supporting the children of the school with various needs.
- Have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Be prepared to develop and learn in the role.
What we can offer you:
· A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
· The 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
· A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a Central Team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
· Additional holiday in October giving a two week break, enabled by an early close on every Friday which is utilised for CPD.
· Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
· A comprehensive Employee Assistance programme available to all employees.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01245 354605 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Please complete the application form on the South Essex Academy Trust website, located in the Vacancies tab. https://www.seacademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/
ParkwoodAcademy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.
Information about the School
Nestled in the heart of Melbourne Drive, Chelmsford, Parkwood Academy is a thriving primary school within the South Essex Academy Trust (SEAT), a dynamic network of schools that champion collaboration and mutual support. SEAT is a multi-academy trust comprising a family of primary schools that actively work together to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and staff.