Download printable version
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Hours per week: 10 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (term-time only)
Point: 5-6 (Depending on Experience)
Actual Salary: £ 5,311.06 to £5,399.88 (Depending on Experience)
Start Date: January 2024
Closing date: Sunday 3rd December 2023
Interview date: Friday 8th December 2023
There is undoubtedly something very special about Westwood, and we take immense pride in our school community. Here, we work collaboratively to create a safe, happy, and vibrant environment where students can learn and thrive.
As Early Years Administrator, you will play a key role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our nursery and reception. Your responsibilities will encompass various administrative tasks, communication with staff and parents, financial duties, and maintaining a safe environment for all.
Hours are Monday to Thursday 9.00 am to 11.30am, term time only.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have …
● Proven experience in office administration, preferably in an educational or nursery setting.
● Strong organisational and multitasking abilities.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Knowledge of first aid procedures and willingness to maintain current certifications.
● Proficiency in relevant software applications for finance and office management (E.g. ParentMail, Excel, Provider Portal)
● Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and engage positively with families.
What we can offer you:
● A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
● The 'Leadership Academy', which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a Central Team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
● Additional holiday in October giving a two-week break, enabled by an early close on every Friday, which is utilised for CPD.
● Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
● A comprehensive Employee Assistance programme, which is available to all employees.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01702 599467 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Please complete the application form on the South Essex Academy Trust website, located in the Vacancies tab. https://www.seacademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/
Westwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.
Information about the School
Westwood Academy is Part of The South Essex Academy Trust. We are:
- a Multi Academy Trust established by Westwood Academy, Hadleigh Essex.
- a developing family of schools in the areas around Hadleigh, Basildon, Chelmsford and Southend.
- focused on partnership, enabling and collaboration
- committed to developing all staff, volunteers and directors across the schools
- most of all about the potential to enable the children in all of the schools