Download printable version
Notley High School & Braintee Sixth Form would like to recruit a Learning Mentor to join their dedicated team.
The successful candidate will be:
- Committed to getting the best outcomes for all students and promoting the ethos and values of the school
- Have the ability to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- Have a positive and professional manner
- Have a sense of humour and willingness to be involved in the life of the school
Duties will include:
- Supporting the supervision and intervention within the Inclusion Hub
- Focussing on 1:1 or small group interventions with vulnerable students
- Providing admin support for the Learning Support department, including setting up testing and assisting in the completion of statutory paperwork
- Providing learning and care support for students with special educational needs (SEN) to help work towards the outcomes on their education and health care plans (EHCP)
- Working in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and School policies and procedures
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share in the commitment. Appointments will be subject to DBS clearance and satisfactory references.
Information about the School
At Notley High School and Braintree Sixth Form, we are an ambitious inclusive 11-19 mixed comprehensive school that places the journey of the child at the centre of everything we do - learning together and succeeding together to be the best that we can be.
Notley High School and Braintree Sixth Form is part of the Bridge Academy Trust: a collegiate and collaborative Trust, where, first and foremost, each school is a place of (high quality) learning, where young people ENJOY, ENRICH & ACHIEVE. The core purpose is to provide high quality continuity of every child’s journey through education from 3 to 19, with a community and school-led school improvement approach and long-term sustainable strategy.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. Bridge Academy Trust welcomes applications from those of all backgrounds, faiths and ethnic groups.