Download printable version
Location: St Thomas More High School, Kenilworth Gardens, Westcliff on Sea, Essex SS0 0BW
We would welcome full and part time applications from Early Career Teachers and experienced teachers of RE, who have a passion for their Christian faith and for student success. The ability to teach another subject would be an advantage. You would be joining a very successful department with outstanding resources.
We would like someone who is:
· An outstanding teacher who leads by exemplary practice, which is founded on the belief that every child has the right to excel
· A person who is organised with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· A teacher who is committed to the wellbeing and academic progress of all children
· A person who is able to work in close partnership with the team of teachers at St Thomas More to develop themselves and our students' gifts and talents to be the best they can be
We can offer you:
· Children who behave well and want to learn and a committed staff who love their school
· A collaborative partnership with teachers and our local Parish and community of schools
· Support and encouragement to continue with further research or study
· Personal support with our wellbeing programme and support structures
· A supportive community and a well developed programme of CPD and support
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to contact the school to arrange a time to come and visit us for an informal discussion. Please contact James Hollingsworth, Teaching and Learning Director on 01702 344933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a telephone conversation or a tour.
Please see the school's website for further details and an application form or telephone the school for details to be sent to you. Applications are welcome from full-time and part-time applicants. Please return completed applications to email@example.com. We are a Catholic School but applications are equally welcome from non-Catholics who support our Catholic ethos.
Closing date: Sunday 26th November at midnight
(We reserve the right to call for interview and appoint prior to the closing date)
Interview date: To be confirmed
Start date: ASAP
The school's application form must be completed. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks and Enhanced DBS clearance. References will be sought and an online search carried out on applicants as part of our due diligence.
Information about the School
The aim of the Trust is to provide the children in our care with the best possible education within a caring and supportive Catholic ethos.
We will support the spiritual, moral, social, cultural and physical development of each child, as well as maximising progress, achievement and attainment to ensure their intellectual growth and to fulfil their potential.
Our Schools are:
• Holy Family Catholic Primary School, Benfleet
• Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School, Leigh-on-Sea
• Our Lady of Ransom Catholic Primary School, Rayleigh
• Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Southend-on-sea
• St Helen’s Catholic Primary School, Westcliff-on-sea
• St George’s Catholic Primary School, Shoeburyness
• St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Canvey Island
• St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School, Rochford
• St Thomas More High School, Westcliff-on-sea
We respect each pupil as a unique person with God given gifts, qualities and particular needs.
Appointments made are subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance and safeguarding checks.