Download printable version
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Catering Manager to join our hardworking team at Heathlands Church of England Primary school in West Bergholt. This post is for 35 hours a week.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Catering Manager who has a passion for cooking and providing high quality, healthy meals. A self-motivated individual, who enjoys using their own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
Ideally you should hold the Level 3 Food Safety Certificate, have experience of working in a similar environment: be capable of supervising and motivating staff and manage the catering budget with support from the School Business Manager and Headteacher.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
· Share our school's core values of Trust, Respect, Enjoyment, Courage and Kindness
· Have a passion for producing delicious healthy food
· Have a "can do" attitude
· Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C.
· Be educated to Level 3 in Food Safety or equivalent qualification or experience
· Can ensure the operational efficiency, planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to the required standard within the budget limitations as agreed with the school management
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Have extensive knowledge of personnel management, hygiene and health and safety.
· Have good organisational and interpersonal skills
· Have the ability to work on your own initiative and to remain calm under pressure
· Be prepared to develop and learn in the role, as well as developing team members
What we can offer you:
· A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and staff who are dedicated and committed to the success of all children and staff alike.
· Engaged and enthusiastic children who are 'proud to belong' to our school.
· An established catering team to work alongside and for you to manage.
· Ongoing professional development training will be available for the successful candidate.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role. Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged.
Heathlands'is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures, the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.
In line with the recommended practice in the statutory guidance 'KCSIE' the school will conduct searches for information on shortlisted candidates which is publicly available online. The purpose is limited:
- to identify issues which call into question the applicants' suitability to work with children;
- to verify employment history
Only information related to the purposes stated will be shared with the panel. Any information will be discussed with candidates at interview before any decisions regarding the recruitment process are made.