Download printable version
Salary - £12.59 per/hour
Hours - Flexible hours are dependent on the business requirements of the Local Governing Body. A minimum of six meetings a year are held in the evenings mostly from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. There is a substantial amount of hours pre and post-meetings to be carried out. Averaging on 23 Hours/Month
Are you looking for an interesting, autonomous and flexible role within education supporting your local school?
Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academyto appoint a highly organised and self-motivated Clerk to join our amazing community. This vital role is critical to the effectiveness of our Governing Body in fulfilling its core strategic functions. Working effectively with the Chair of governors, the Headteacher and other governors, you will ensure the smooth running of the governing body.
- Working with TKAT to ensure the Governing Body meets the requirements of the Trust and the DfE.
- Preparation, typing and distribution of agendas and associated paperwork
- Accurate note taking and typing up of minutes at Governor meetings as well as any working parties, committees or panels
- Maintaining accurate records of the Governing Body and its membership
- Advising the Governing Body on procedural issues, legal responsibilities and constitutional matters
- Managing communication, documentation and correspondence relating to the work of the Governing Body
This is a varied and interesting role which will suit someone who wishes to work flexibly, as it involves a mixture of office and home working, as well as attendance at meetings at the school. Meetings require afternoon/early evening attendance (all meetings are scheduled in advance, with reasonable notice provided).
Investing in our employees wellbeing and career development is a priority for us, we can offer you:
- Excellent ongoing CPD, training programmes, career development and vast promotion opportunities across the trust
- Coaching and mentoring from the academy's experienced leadership team
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work lifebalance
- The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change
- Cycle to work scheme
- TKAT Widerwallet discount program with a wealth of discounts
- Free eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme - free & confidential advice on a variety of subjects ranging from physical and mental health to financial help
The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South & East of England with 45 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT Family. Our ultimate aim is to ensure we drive educational standards through the provision of outstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all. Within the#oneTKATfamily, the shared and common purpose is to work together as a community of schools to ensure that every child, whatever their background, receives a high quality education. We place a high value on collaboration;'achieving more together', giving staff the opportunity to come together and learn, ensuring a shared sense of purpose across our network and by sharing expertise across the TKAT family.
We have a flexible approach to interviews and can offer a range of dates and times to suit your personal circumstances.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full safer recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Our Commitment - Equal, Inclusive, Diverse
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic. We have a whole school approach to flexible working to promote a positive work life balance.
TKAT recognises the value of enabling our employees to develop their career and balance this with their commitments and interests outside of work. In TKAT we promote flexible working practices and opportunities to support and value wellbeing.
Access to interview
Should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist, we will.
Information about the School
Stapleford Abbotts School was built in 1887 and has been an important part of village life since its establishment. Over the past ten years, the school has become popular and there has been considerable amount of refurbishment and new build. The school attracts children from a wide catchment area and from the neighbouring London Boroughs of Redbridge, Dagenham, and Havering. We are committed to. Involving the wider community with school life and work closely with other agencies including other rural schools in the Epping area.