Download printable version
Director of Faculty - Modern Foreign Languages
Required: April/September 2024
Leadership Pay Range Point 8 - 12
Full time hours
Actual Annual Salary £56,356 - £62,185
Are you looking for a new challenge at an incredibly exciting time for our school?
If so, this role could be for you!
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational leader to join our already established Modern Foreign Languages team as Director of Faculty.
As Director of Faculty, you will take a lead role in the leadership of the team alongside the management of the faculty. The successful individual will be expected to teach Spanish and/or French fluently, across Key Stages 3, 4, and 5.
This is a fantastic opportunity, which will also allow you to work alongside our Chief Executive Officer, who was an
advanced skills teacher of MFL.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a proven track record to continue to build on the excellent practices already established within the department, and to be of our innovative programme of Trust wide collaboration/networks. Raising the profile of MFL is a Trust-wide strategic priority. The school works alongside the Education Endowment Foundation, developing outstanding pedagogy.
As a new leader to the school you will be supported by a robust onboarding and induction process as well as accessing our Leadership development programme which is tailored to your ambitions and focus areas to ensure you thrive in this exciting role. All of our leaders have the opportunity to engage with a range of leadership development opportunities to ensure they are supported in their professional growth as a leader.
We are seeking a driven individual who shares our vision of a quality education for all students, and is committed to joining us on our journey to "Outstanding". The successful candidate will be capable of inspiring students through their passion for the subject, and have a firm belief in the potential of all students. Whether you are ambitious for progression, or determined to be an outstanding classroom practitioner, this school is the place for you!
You will need to strive to demonstrate, embed and uphold the school's PRIDE core values of Positivity, Resilience, Integrity, Dignity and Equality in order to support the character development of all students.
We can offer you:
· A dedicated and experienced hardworking team of staff
· Excellent CPD opportunities and Leadership development including NPQ
· Robust support package for new middle leaders
· Enthusiastic, friendly and talented students
· The opportunity to develop within a highly effective multi academy trust and be part of a thriving Trust MFL network
You will need to:
· be able to teach all key stages with clear, positive impact on student achievement
· possess good behaviour management skills, working and understanding the key Health and Safety requirements
· be a good and effective communicator at all levels
· be open minded, creative, and inspirational in your style of teaching
· commit to working collaboratively with colleagues and students
· utilise a variety of teaching methods and ensure that your lessons are suitably challenging and engaging for all students