Download printable version
Berlesduna Academy Trust has an exciting opportunity for a full time Finance Manager to join the team.
The position is full-time with flexibility to work partially from home.
Salary Scale 7 (Point Range 19-24). Starting salary £28,515 including paid annual leave, which must be taken during school closure periods.
Applications close: Midday, Friday 1st December 2023. Interview date: 7th December 2023
Berlesduna Academy Trust is based in Basildon and currently comprises of ten primary schools as well as a Teacher Training Partnership and Autism Hub. The Trust is looking to expand and is a vibrant, exciting and dynamic place to learn and work. Our ethos is very much about devolved leadership and all of our schools run independently supported by our small central team.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible Finance Manager to be responsible for the day-to-day financial management for two of our schools with the possibility to expand to three in the future. This post would suite a dynamic individual who is keen to progress their career in the field of school financial management. School experience is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will have:
· proven financial experience and/or hold a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA)
· strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise effectively to meet strict deadlines,
· excellent interpersonal skills and be confident to present financial information to leaders and governors,
· be able to work as team as well as well as using your own initiative,
· be flexible to work across several schools in the Trust.
We can offer you:
· a commitment to continued professional development,
· opportunities to work with enthusiastic and supportive colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships,
· access to our Employee Assistance Programme for all staff and their families,
· a generous employer contribution to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Berlesduna is a Trust that values and invests in staff, excellent training, development and planned career progression.
If you are interested in applying for this position and would like some more information, please contact Linda Oliffe 07754 446306.
Please take care to complete the application in full, as incomplete applications will not be considered. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
The vision of the Berlesduna Academy Trust is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.