Download printable version
Salary: £10.80ph - £11.80ph
Location: Palmers Campus
Our historic Palmer's Campus in Grays, Essex based in our Storm centre
Contract Type: Casual
Closing Date: 30/10/2023
Storm Fitness & Leisure is looking to recruit a flexible, versatile, enthusiastic person to join their team. Hours will include evenings and weekends.
Communicating with customers face to face, emails and on the telephone. Dealing with bookings, enquiries and membership sales.
Other duties include supervisor/key holder, responsible for opening and closing the centre, carrying out reception duties and supervising the day to day running of the sport centre depending on experience.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to work accurately. A confident and professional approach when dealing with students, staff and customers is required. Candidates will be required to be smart looking at all times.
The successful candidate would need to be flexible in their approach to work to help with duties around the centre, setting up equipment and checks.
First Aid qualification, knowledge of health & safety and previous experience of a supervision role would be advantage.
An understanding of Safeguarding including Prevent and Keeping Children Safe in Education legislation will also be required.
The right candidate will have:
- Good organisational skills
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team player & on your own initiative.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent punctuality.
- A resilient and positive outlook.
- A strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- Knowledge of Excel and word.
Why choose us:
Our strategy is to create a Career Focused, Digital Learning environment, ensuring that the learner experience and our relationship within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be selected as finalists for the AoC Beacon awards for effective use of digital Technology in FE. Providing a high achieving, focused learning environment allowing our students to achieve the grades they need for higher educations, or the skills and aptitude required to secure a suitable role in their chosen career. Our college is set in the leafy suburbs of Essex, with easy access to surrounding areas and amenities, we are based in a well-connected location both by road and rail.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- A college environment fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working with parents and carers to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen & coffee shop with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
*subject to terms & conditions