Download printable version
Location: Palmer's Campus
Our historic Palmer's Campus in Grays, Essex
Hours: 29.6 hours per week, 52 weeks of the year
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 08/12/2023
As a College, our strategy is Career Focused Learning and ensuring that the learner experience and our relationships within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do.As a facilitator, you will be required to work with learners and be able to manage and guide them to set challenging work-based targets as they make progress towards their curriculum aims. Our learners have access to high quality work experience placements to supplement their courses. This role oversees the learner engagement with this process ensuring our learners are as fully prepared for their next steps towards positive destinations such as the world or work, apprenticeships or higher education.
- Degree Qualification (preferably within subject area)
- Experienced industry based individuals will be considered and given the opportunity to secure a role leading to the completion of a recognised post-16 teaching qualification.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- A strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
WHY CHOOSE US
As a college, our strategy is to create a Career Focused, Digital Learning environment, ensuring that the learner experience and our relationship within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do. Providing a high achieving, focused learning environment allowing our students to achieve the grades they need for higher educations or the skills and aptitude required to secure a suitable role in their chosen career.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A college environment fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals keen to develop and learn.
- A two year funded teaching course , providing the opportunity to complete a recognised post 16 teaching qualification*
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- Free onsite parking.
- Well-being days & activities
- Onsite canteen & coffee shop.
- Cycle to work scheme*
- Discounted gym membership.
- Electric Vehicle Scheme*
- Eye Care Vouchers scheme.
- Hybrid Working available.
*subject to terms & conditions
This role is considered exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are 'protected', so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a self-declaration of their criminal record or information that would make them unsuitable to work with children.Self-declaration is subject to Ministry of Justice guidance on the disclosure of criminal records, further information can be found onGOV UK
USP College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, we therefore expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service, and any other checks that the role requires to ascertain suitability of working with children.
We will hold and process any personal data, including sensitive (special category) personal data, relating to you in accordance with our legal obligations, in the manner set out in the Privacy Notice for staff and in accordance with our Data Protection Policy, which is set out on the College's website, foundhere. You should familiarise yourself with our Data Protection Policy (and all other subsidiary policies to it) and comply with them at all times. Neither the Privacy Notice for Staff nor those policies form a part of your contract of employment.