Download printable version
Office Administrator at Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery, Roundhouse Way, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9SF
Hours: 20 hours per week, permanent contract
Salary: £20,441-£21,968 plus fringe allowance pro rata
Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery has an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the school and REAch2 Academy Trust as an Office Administrator. The office administrator support the office coordinator to ensure the daily administration and smooth running of the school office. The office is the hub of the school where a wide range of demands need to be met to a very high professional standard. This role will be the first point of contact for parents, carers, volunteers, contractors and other members of the community, as well as governors, staff, and pupils.
Candidates should have:
- experience working in a general office / administration environment
- experience working with and be proficient in Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Excel
- experience of reception work - being first point of contact with customers and visitors
- good spoken and written communication skills
- good attention to detail
- the ability to compose a clear message via email or letter
- the ability to meet deadlines
- the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
In return we can offer:
- A wide range of professional development opportunities
- A competitive salary
- 29 days' paid holiday (rising to 32 days after 5 years' service) (pro rata for part-time or term-time only)
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme LGPS
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership of 'perks at work' - which includes discounts on holidays, shopping, family days out and much more.
Background information about the School
Our school opened in September 2018. We are a two-form entry primary school in Harlow, currently teaching children up to Year 5. We will continue to grow over the next year until we are at full capacity of 420 children in the main school.
Our curriculum aims to promote forall children:
- A love ofreading, ensuring our children are confident and fluent readers enabling them to access a range of high-quality texts and the curriculum.
- The development ofrich subject knowledge and vocabularywithin acoherent, broad and balancedcurriculum for all children.
- The acquisition ofskillsacross all areas of the curriculum and enabling children tochooseandapplythese in relevant situations including beyond the classroom.
- A love of learning through the enrichment of the curriculumwith visits and experiences to create creative, independent and confident learners.
- The nurturing ofpositive relationships to create respectful citizenswho work co-operatively with one another.
- Successful lifelong learners with a high self-esteem, who canreach their full potentialand arewell-prepared for the next stage of their education.
We are a caring employer who invests in the future of our employees, as only through their excellence can we deliver excellence for the children and families whom we serve. To see more information about the school, please visit our websiteNewhall Primary Academy and Nursery
As a member of the REAch2 Trust, a national family of primary academies, Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery is committed to raising standards and achieving excellent for all pupils whatever their background or circumstance. The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration and support, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory written references.
Information about the School
Newhall is a new, 2-form, state of the art academy and nursery on the Newhall development in Harlow. The school has been built to accommodate 420 primary children (Reception to Year 6) and 56 nursery children (6 months to 4 years).
Our school and nursery are situated on vast grounds, incorporating sports fields, games courts and play areas. The main building itself offers a fully equipped curriculum kitchen for pupil use, a beautiful library, outbreak areas for interventions, a music and drama room and very well-resourced nursery rooms and primary classrooms.
All our staff have an excellent work ethic and deliver high quality learning opportunities for our polite and eager-to-learn children. We have a caring, family ethos coupled with high expectations and along with the Reach2 Academy Trust, we are able to provide high quality CPD for all who work here.
We look forward to having you join our Newhall family!