Download printable version
Teaching Assistant - SEN
Start date: Autumn Term (immediate start though of course willing to wait for the right candidate)
Pay Scale: Scale 3, Point 5 (Range 5-6): £21,575 FTE pro rata - actual approx £12,921 per annum (pay award pending). Plus, MDA Scale 2, Point 3-4: £20, 812 FTE pro rata - actual £980.87 per annum (pay award pending)
Hours: 26.5 hours LSA (8:30 - 12 and 1:30 - 3:15), 5 hours MDA per week - (12-1) School Term Time only.
Location: East Hanningfield, Essex
We are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant to work closely with an EYFS and Year 1 child, both of whom have additional needs. The applicant appointed to this role will have a proven track record of successfully working with children with Special Education Needs or will be keen to learn on the job about this role. They will have high expectations and show they can enable individuals to achieve their potential and make good progress.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have experience of working with pupils with SEND or be keen to learn on the job.
· Be a creative, enthusiastic and energetic practitioner and a real team player.
· Communicate with pupils, staff and parents effectively, both verbally and in a written form.
· Is someone who can use agreed teaching and learning strategies consistently, yet also respond to educational needs in the 'here and now' to enhance learning opportunities within a lesson.
In return East Hanningfield C of E Primary School can offer you:
· A warm welcoming school community
· Excellent opportunities for professional development.
· A hardworking and supportive team who are committed to providing outstanding education to all children, no matter what their background or needs.
Closing Date:Wednesday 29th November 2023. We reserve the right to close the position earlier if there is sufficient Interest in the post
Interview: Tuesday 5th December
All appointments are subject to safer recruitment requirements to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people and contract confirmation will be subject to the completion of a successful probationary period. All positions will involve appropriate checks and clearances.
Visits to the school are both positively encouraged and warmly welcomed. Also, you are very welcome to have an informal, confidential discussion with Mr Philip Brown, our Executive Headteacher or Mrs Lisa Stainsbury our Head of School about this vacancy. Please contact the school office on 01245 400772 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange these.
Information about the School
East Hanningfield C of E Primary School is a happy, learning community where each individual pupil and member of staff is valued for the contribution they make to the life of our thriving school. Staff work hard to provide the very best for our pupils and in return they receive the support and training to enable them to be the best they can be. If you join our team you can be assured that you will be part of a happy, caring community of staff who put children at the heart of the learning process.
East Hanningfield C of E Primary is a great place to work. The school has 'Good' gradings for both Ofsted and SIAMS inspections (March 2019).
Visits to the school are very much welcomed, please contact Miss Pam Pearson on 01245 400772 to make an appointment to view the school.