Download printable version
Job description: Mentor
Closing date:24th November2023
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: £19,700- £25,700 gross
£16,896 - £22,042 pro rata
REACH Essex Ltd supports both children and families to reach their full potential. The successful candidate is required to work within our newly established Thrive Provision where children are requiring support and supervision whilst accessing alternative provision. We strive to provide a safe and nurturing environment that will enable our pupils to receive the highest standard of support appropriate to their individual needs.
We are looking to recruit committed and creative professionals who are passionate about providing high quality support to pupils to enable them to develop and thrive.
The incoming Mentor can expect to support the students to develop skills and engage socially with others ensuring learning, pastoral and behavioural targets are met alongside their Educational Plan. The successful candidate requires confidence, patience, and skill to successfully work with these children and make a positive impact on their lives.
Applicants will need to be dedicated and enthusiastic in providing outstanding outcomes to children and young people with all aspects of their lives.
We are looking for:
- Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people in the care system and those with SEND - Essential
- Calm, positive personality, you would also need to be familiar with company values and guiding principles which we adhere to at The Reach Group - essential
- Creative Practitioner equipped to deal with pupils who may have disengaged from mainstream schooling - Essential
- Positive behaviour strategy knowledge and experience of helping children self-regulate emotions - Essential
- Thrive practitioner or experience of trauma informed practice - Desirable
- Experience with counselling and/or mentoring - Desirable
- Have experience working with children aged 5-17 - Essential
- Hold level 3 qualification or above - Essential
- Have the legal right to work in the UK - Essential
- Hold a full enhanced DBS on the update service or be prepared to undertake a new disclosure - Essential
- Hold a full UK driving licence with business insurance or prepared to have business insurance added - Essential
- Excellent written communication, timekeeping, reliability, and timely reporting- Essential
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan and deliver creative and engaging sessions for pupils aged 11-17 focusing on building self-confidence, self- esteem and emotional regulation strategies.
Communicate enthusiasm in ways that engage the pupils, fosters their motivation and willingness to engage.
Contribute to the overall aims, objectives and outcomes of the Thrive Provision.
Maintain respect, professionalism and confidentiality.
Write session reports.
Deliver a therapeutic approach to promote and reinforce pupils self-esteem through praise, encouragement and exploration.
Develop pupils' regulation strategies.
Use a range of strategies and resources to provide a purposeful lessons which develop positive attitudes, values and behaviour alongside offering learning opportunities.
Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with pupils, parents/carers, staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils.
Identify and work with children who are 'at risk', encouraging out of hours participation in activities, and building effective successful family relationships through home liaison visits.
Support children through individual sessions, small groups and assist them to access a broad range of services.
And any other duties required by the Deputy Thrive Lead.
Information about the School
We believe in investing in people. As professionals in the helping profession, we believe and aspire to offer a better future to those children, young people and families we work with.
Success for us means unleashing the potential of each individual we engage with, so they can grow and develop each day, to be better versions of themselves.
Our values are grounded in our determination to be the change we want to see in the world, through passion, commitment and integrity.
We want to plant a seed of kindness and compassion in a generation that will produce resilience & hope and enable them to fulfill their own destinies.
Our success therefore will be measured in the lives we changed through REACH.