Download printable version
Thames Park Secondary School
Chadwell Road, Grays
Wishes to appoint an
2 x Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Band A Point 1 - 6
(£14,679.96 - £16,017.74 actual salary per annum)
30 hours per week
Monday - Friday, 8:10am - 3:10pm with a one-hour unpaid lunch break
38 weeks per year, term time plus inset days
Start Date: January 2024
Are you looking for that next step into a role that could offer you entry into the exciting and rewarding world of teaching and SEND support?
A new opportunity has arisen, for two additional Learning Support Assistants to join our successful team supporting students in the classroom environment. Thames Park Secondary School are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic, caring, committed and flexible Learning Support Assistants, to support student learning, educational outcomes and assist pupils that have Special Educational Needs.
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to supporting the right candidates who have a keen interest in entering a teacher-training programme and or someone seeking career development. This could be a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a degree looking to gain school-based experience ahead of entering a teacher training programme.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate patience and show a commitment to supporting learners to improve educational outcomes. This role would be suited to someone enthusiastic, personable, empathetic and able to communicate effectively, whilst maintaining a calm and professional manner, under pressure. Previous experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
This position will involve:
- Supporting pupils, to ensure they are engaged in learning activities
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom
- Act as a role model, setting high expectations of conduct and promoting positive pupil behaviour, to create a safe and inclusive learning environment
- Providing feedback to the classroom teacher on the pupil's progress against lesson plans, the conduct of the lesson and keeping pupil-related records
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures about health & safety, welfare and wellbeing and safeguarding
- Provide additional support to the teachers in the classrooms,
- To establish positive relationships with the pupils in lessons being covered
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to support pupils with learning, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Excellent written skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, with a positive and helpful attitude
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and remain positive
- The ability to follow safeguarding procedures and prioritise students' welfare
- GCSE or A Level Maths and English
Thames Park Secondary School opened in September 2020 in Thurrock and moved to our state of the art facilities in 2022 in north Grays. Thames Park Secondary School aims to provide an outstanding education for all its students. We have a strong focus on digital education running throughout our curriculum and are passionate about making our learning both exciting and memorable.
We aim to provide all students with an education that is tailored to support their academic development as well as their well-being; physically, mentally and spiritually. The partnership between our school and the parents and carers of our students is crucial in ensuring all the young people in our school develop into honest, open young people with the ability to care for others and develop a sense of social responsibility. We have a clear set of co-operative values; self-help, self-responsibility, equity, equality, democracy and solidarity. These values underpin everything we do. These values are not just words but help to create the "Thames Park Way".
Our school was judged to be "good" in all areas by Ofsted. The report states that "Pupils are proud of their school" and "In lessons, they show commitment to learning and work hard". The report states that "The positive ethos at the school is valued and pupils contribute towards this in the way they behave and the way in which they take on positions of leadership", at Thames Park, students "capably take responsibility to lead". The report goes on to describe how Thames Park has "a positive learning atmosphere" and how "pupils conduct themselves maturely". The report also states that "Staff enable pupils to consider and discuss the personal issues faced in adult life".
Due to increasing student numbers, Thames Park Secondary School is on a journey of improvement and is seeking to appoint additional staff. We are a school which is firmly rooted in serving our community. We are proud to be an inclusive co-educational comprehensive school where we recognise that success for young people is built on firm foundations of trust, respect, care and hard work. We measure our success by much more than exam results as we recognise that such data tells only a part of the story of each of our young people. Thames Park is already a great place to teach and learn and we have many strengths including:
- Motivated and polite pupils, who have a strong voice in the school with diversity champions and student parliament
- Staff are aided by extensive and wide-ranging in-house support and coaching, by dedicated and helpful colleagues
- Knowledgeable and dynamic Trust with supportive governors, with a robust understanding of education
Thames Park Secondary School is a member of the Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust. Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust, with twelve member schools within Essex. All schools in the Trust work in equal partnership and are members of the schools' Co-operative Society. Our Co-operative Values focus on enabling all students to achieve their potential both academically and as young people.
What the school can offer:
- Recognition of continuous service
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Career progression throughout the Trust, with the ability to progress in other schools
- The support of an experienced family of schools
- National Conditions of Service
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent behaviour management policy to support all staff
- Wider support network for all staff including managing workloads and work-life balance
If you feel the school would suit you, and you have the passion, drive and commitment to work with us to make all aspects of our school outstanding, please apply now or you can request a visit of the school or for more information speak to Abbie Stonehouse email@example.com or call 01375 648901. As a trust, we welcome applications from colleagues from all backgrounds.
Thames Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on our formal application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to be considered for this post, application forms are available via our website, Vacancies in our Trust (osborne.coop) or Essex School Jobs.
Closing date: Thursday 23rd November 2023, Midday
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate before the closing date. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.