Download printable version
Scale 8 pt£33,945to pt 28£36,648FTE pro rata
Actual salary from pt 25£12,556.19to pt 28£13,708.00
Mon to Thurs 12:30 - 4:10
(plus 10% planning and preparation time)
Term time only (39 weeks pa)
We are searching for a highly dynamic sports coach to provide our children with enthusiastic skilled teaching with the aim to help children to realise their potential in a sporting discipline through the provision of instruction, advice and encouragement. Prior experience is desirable but not essential.
Main Purpose of Post:
· To deliver high quality PE lessons to the full primary age range; EYFS to Year 6
· To deliver additional school sport opportunities (such as intra school competition and school sports days where appropriate)
Sports Coach Responsibilities:
· Responsible for planning and delivering a range of PE lessons in line with national Curriculum requirements; teaching relevant age-related knowledge and skills
· Responsible for leading afterschool clubs
· Responsible for engaging children at lunchtime in purposeful activities
· Monitoring and enhancing performance by providing encouragement and constructive feedback
· Undertake some administrative tasks
· Refereeing occasional sports matches.
· Encouraging safe sporting practices.
· Modelling commendable sportsmanship.
· Promoting physical fitness and healthy lifestyles
· Ensure access and challenge for all within lessons.
· To meet the requirements of the staff Code of Conduct
Sports Coach Requirements:
· As a minimum the equivalent of a Level 2 sports-specific coaching qualification.
· Own record of pertinent sporting achievement
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· interest and enthusiasm for many sports
· good spoken communication skills
· the ability to inspire confidence and motivate performance
· the ability to analyse problems
· perseverance and patience
We can offer:
· excellent experience and CPD to develop your skills and career
· a great staff team to work with
· Trustees who are passionate and committed to everyone in our school
· incredibly enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated children
· support and guidance from a highly effective leadership team
· a commitment to supporting work/life balance
School visits are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office 01702 218961 or email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. As part of our shortlisting process we will carry out an online search of applicants as recommended in KCSIE 2023.
Information about the School
The Brickfields Trust currently consists of 2 Primary Academies, Great Wakering Primary and Barling Magna Primary.