Download printable version
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Learning Support Assistant to join the Inclusion Team at Spring Meadow Primary School. This role will be based in our 'Lighthouse' which provides nurture and behaviour support for children from Spring Meadow who experience challenges within the normal classroom environment. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, empathetic and resilient, and who has recent experience of working with children with special education needs, in particular SEMH.
Spring Meadow is a school where the mental health and wellbeing of our school community is central to all that we do. Our recent (October 2023) Wellbeing Award for Schools re-accreditation report stated that "Wellbeing is the heartbeat at Spring Meadow Primary School"
The hours of work will be 8.50am to 3.20pm Monday to Friday, term time only (plus INSET days). A part time role of 4 days (Monday to Thursday) could also be considered.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about working children with additional needs or challenges, and determined to make a difference to the lives of these children
- Be resilient and prepared to take every day, every hour as a fresh start
- Have recent experience in developing social and self-regulation skills in primary aged children, with a solid understanding of issues surrounding SEMH and ASD and the challenges this brings for those children
- Share our school values of Aspriation, Social Justice, Perseverence, Inclusion, Respect and Equity
- Have an understanding of Trauma Perceptive Practice
- Have an understanding of Attachment difficulties and the effects this can have on an individual
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a team which has recently won a Diversity in Education Award in recognition of the impact that they have on the lives of our most vulnerable children and their families
- A school culture and ethos that places equal value on nurture and academic acheivement
- A commitment to your ongoing professional development
- A knowledgeable, welcoming and supportive team who are focused on providing the very best support for every child
- The chance to be part of a school where wellbeing is of the highest priority
We positively encourage visits to our school prior to application. Visits can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on 01255 504528
Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
Spring Meadow Primary School and 'School House' Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Information about the School
Spring Meadow Primary School and 'School House' Nursery is a successful and oversubscribed community school located in the heart of the seaside town of Harwich. We pride ourselves on the way in which we balance the highest expectations for all of our children within an environment that nurtures and supports all members of our community.