Download printable version
Tendring Primary School are looking for two experienced Teaching Assistants to join our team. Initially the posts are in KS1. Previous experience of working in a primary school or with children with a range of SEND is desirable, in particular children diagnosed with ASD.
You will be joining our hard-working and friendly team of classroom support staff, working under the direction of the SENCo and class teachers, supporting the whole class, small groups and individuals.
Successful applicants will:
- have good numeracy and literacy skills - (GCSE A to C or equivalent in English and maths)
- be organised, flexible and understand the professional nature of the role
- need to be able to work collaboratively and liaise with other staff members
- have an understanding of positive behaviour management
- have an understanding of the importance of scaffolding to aid independent learning
Previous experience of phonics would be desirable, but full training will be given.
As part of the lunchtime team, you will:
- actively engage children in play and social activities
- ensure the safety, welfare and good conduct of children during lunchtime break
- supervise children in the dining hall, playground areas and school premises
There are two fixed term roles available: one for 25 hours per week (8:45am to 3:20pm) and one for mornings only (8:45am to 12pm). Both are term time only with an additional lunchtime duty of 5 hours per week. Please state in your personal statement which role you are applying for.
Applications must be made using the application form and not by CV. We reserve the right to close the application process before the end date, so please apply early. If you have any questions or would like to come and look around the school, then please contact our school office.
Information about the School
Tendring Primary is small, popular school located close to the Suffolk/Essex Border, attracting children from a wide area across the Tendring Peninsular. We currently have 190 children on roll. The School is set in approximately a three acre site with original buildings dating back to 1896. The school has extended over the years to include new buildings and extensive outdoor learning facilities.
“Tendring Primary is a very special place with a caring, nurturing ethos and culture” quote.