Download printable version
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated SEN Class Teacher to join our team 2 days per week. The role would be a jobshare with our current SEN Class teacher who is also our Assistant SENCo, teaching in our Rainbow Class. The Rainbow Class is a specialist provision within our mainstream setting, providing a bespoke curriculum for up to 10 children with high needs. The children acces a mix of the National Curriculum and a specialist curriculum. We have 3 full time TAs supporting in the setting.
We are willing to be fleixible about a start date for the right candidiate, taking notice periods into account
We are looking for a teacher who is:
· professional but also willing to have fun and join our lively team;
· creative and flexible in their approach to meeting the learning needs of all children;
· committed to raising standards and improving pupil progress for children with complex needs and behaviours;
· willing to be involved in all aspects of school life.
What we can offer:
· enthusiastic children who are ready and willing to learn;
· a supportive and friendly staff team;
· the chance to join our school at an exciting time as we expand, with a whole host of new facilities on the horizon;
· opportunities for career progression and promotion as we expand;
· a respect for and commitment to ensuring optimum teacher work/life balance.
Plan in order to teach lessons across the primary curriculum, using the NC, specialist advice and school schemes of work as appropriate,
Mark and assess making use of formative and summative assessment,
Promote the curriculum and the children's work through use of display,
Ensure a well organised and purposeful learning environment that is suited to the needs of the children in the setting,
Take responsibility for leading a subject across the school,
Liaise effectively with parents, carers and a range of professionals and be willing to attend parents' evening/inset etc outside of working days;
Manage the behaviour and needs of children across the school in line with our behaviour policy,
Show a commitment to the wider life of the school,
Support the Senior Management Team in ensuring the short and long term vision for the school.
Initially, candidates are welcome to arrange an informal telephone discussion about the position with the Headteacher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this. Those candidates invited to interview will then be offered the chance to tour the school ahead of the interview.
Warley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.