Download printable version
Fixed term to 31 August 2024
27.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday 8.45am - 3.15pm)
38 working weeks per year (term time only)
Scale 3 Points 5-6 Pay Range from £23,500 to £23,893 pro rata
We are seeking a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to join our team, to work with a specific pupil within our school with Special Education Needs, based in the Infants School.
Training can be provided to the successful candidate. The post is for 27.5 hours a week, Monday - Friday 8.45am - 3.15pm.
This post will be a fixed term and linked to the specific pupil for the duration of funds allocated specifically for this purpose. In the event of the allocation of funds ceasing or the child leaving the school before the final date above, your appointment will cease with statutory notice contract ending 31st August 2024.
We are an outstanding school seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant with a "can-do" attitude who is committed to raising standards for those they work with. You will need to have an ability to work flexibly and with enthusiasm. You will work in partnership with class teachers and the SENCO, to support learning in line with the National Curriculum, codes of practice, school policies and procedures.
The successful candidate should have the following:
· Experience of supporting children in a school setting
· Strong behaviour management skills
· Able to support the child(ren's) medical needs and willing to deal with intimate care needs
· Knowledge of successful strategies to engage pupils with specific and significant needs
· Is able to demonstrate patience, calmness and flexibility at all times
· A commitment to high achievement from pupils and themselves
· Excellent organisation and inter-personal skills
· Flexibility The ability to use their own initiative
· Willing to undertake training and support individual needs
Quilters Federation is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all children. The post is subject to a satisfactory disqualification declaration, DBS clearance, Social Media Checks, references and medical checks.