Download printable version
25 hours per week (8:30 - 13:30 Monday to Friday, term time only)
Actual salary (dependent on experience and qualifications) Range: £ £12,357 to £12,812
Do you passionately believe that all children have the potential to achieve?
Are you approachable, committed, enthusiastic, positive, self-motivated, well-organised and able to work in a team? Then we want to hear from you…
St Mary's Prittlewell, Church of England Primary School is a warm and welcoming school that believes every child is a unique creation of God and should be supported to have life in all its fullness.
We are looking to employ an effective teaching assistant to join our fabulous team.
The successful applicant will:
· Support the Child protection and Safeguarding procedures of the school.
· Have the highest expectations of achievement and behaviour for all children.
· Assist in differentiated teaching and learning, effectively managing and supporting individuals and groups of pupils.
· Show initiative and the willingness to work as part of a team.
· Be resilient and have a positive "can do" attitude, along with a good sense of humour.
· Have a good standard of literacy and numeracy (must have A-C GCSE Maths and English).
· Have a calm, patient and positive approach to working with children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
· Have a good understanding of child development and a range of issues including behaviour management and social and emotional wellbeing.
· Liaise closely with Class Teachers, SENCO and Senior Leaders to deliver The National Curriculum/ EYFS and specific intervention programmes.
An NVQ Level 2 in learning support/early years, NNEB or other equivalent qualification would be desirable.
Experience of supporting special needs including SEMH would be an advantage.
In joining our excellent team, you will be working in partnership with parents, pupils and staff. You will be working as part of a very supportive team of dedicated staff, well-motivated children with excellent facilities.
The appointment will be subject to a successful enhanced DBS check, medical check, social media check, receipt of two references in addition to relevant background checks and certificated evidence of the required qualifications. You will be required to provide proof of ID for your DBS check, such as a valid driving license, valid passport and recent Council Tax letter. Other forms of ID may be accepted and a complete list can be provided by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to support this commitment.
Closing date: Friday 8th December (12:00) Interview Date: Wednesday, 13th December
Completed applications to be sent for the attention of Hollie Jones at:
Unfortunately, we will be unable to respond to all applicants, however we will contact all those we wish to interview by Monday, 11th December 2023.
Information about the School
St. Mary's, Prittlewell, Church of England Primary School is a voluntary aided, local authority-maintained school and is part of the Diocese of Chelmsford. We are a vibrant, successful, and inclusive three/four form entry school, situated across two sites in the heart of the City of Southend.