Download printable version
Required forJanuary 2024 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Teaching Assistant - Key Stage 1
31.25 hrs per week (8.30 a.m. to 3.15 p.m., Monday to Friday, term time only - this role includes 30 minutes Playleader duties at lunchtime)
This is a fixed term contract until August 2024 in the first instance, with the possibility of further extension.
We are seeking to appoint a committed, energetic and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our team and work with our happy and well-behaved children. This post is based in Key Stage 1 and would be ideal for someone hoping to train as a teacher in the future.
We are looking for someone who
- can bring energy and enthusiasm to the role
- is caring, dedicated and patient
- has a good understanding of child development and how children learn
- has good personal numeracy, literacy and IT skills (minimum GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Maths and English)
- is able to work in close partnership with the Classteacher and SENCO
- is committed to working as part of a strong, supportive team
Previous experience of supporting Phonics would be desirable, but full trainnig will be given.
In return we can offer:
- excellent professional development opportunities in a forward-thinking school
- the support of enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues
- well behaved pupils who are eager to learn
- supportive parents and governing body
Visits to our school are recommended and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office for an appointment.
All applications must be made online please (via the Essex Jobs website), using the standard Essex application form. Please note that we do not accept CVs and that the application form must be completed in full as, unfortunately, we cannot consider incomplete applications. Please also be aware that we may not be able to reply individually to every application and if you do not hear from us within seven days of the closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if an appropriate candidate applies.
Myland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced DBS clearance and medical clearance.