Download printable version
1 hour per week (Wednesday)
(Fixed term until 31st August 2024)
Scale 2, Points 3-4 (£22,737 - £23,114 pa, pro-rata)
38 weeks per year (term time only)
Start date as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, positive, organised and reliable individual to join our Breakfast Club team, supporting children who attend the club.
• To assist children in selecting their breakfast.
• To assist children with eating their breakfast if applicable.
• To clear tables when breakfasts are finished and clear up any associated spillages.
• To enforce the necessary sanctions for maintaining good order.
• To administer basic first aid as required.
• To keep daily records of first aid administered, behaviour and sanctions employed, together with any other relevant records that may be needed.
• To provide pastoral care, guidance and routine advice to pupils as appropriate.
• Where necessary and appropriate to lead games and activities with the children.
Please apply via the Essex School Jobs website.
Information about the School
Takeley is a 2 form entry Primary school with up to 420 children. The school was opened in 2012 to help meet the needs of the rapidly growing community due to the new housing developments in the area. A very modern eco-friendly and spacious school building provides light and stimulating classrooms and teaching areas including a large hall, teaching kitchen and open plan library. The outside space includes a variety of year group courtyard areas, separate EYFS, KS1 and KS2 playgrounds including 2 adventure playgrounds, along with many 'growing beds', a Garden Polytunnel and sportsfield.
Our vision sets out a clear focus on 'Learning, Achieving and Enjoying Together'. The primary purpose of our school is to ensure all our children learn. The progress in learning our children make helps to ensure a sense of achievement and a feeling of satisfaction in a job well done. Enjoyment is a key factor to ensure that learning is a lifelong skill beyond just their school days, but can support them well throughout their working lives. Teamwork is essential to enhance learning, personal and social skills, supporting independence in playing their part in future societies and shaping the world that we will live in.