Download printable version
IMMEDIATE START - Grays Convent High School require a full-time ATTENDANCE OFFICER. This is a key role within the school and the successful candidate will be required to manage pupil attendance records and monitor pupil attendance throughout the school. Candidates will have Attendance Officer experience within a school and hold a First Aid at Work certificate. However, training will be provided for the suitable candidate.
The main purpose of the post will be to:
- manage attendance processes in line with statutory responsibilities
- maintain accurate attendance records and report on attendance and contribute to strategies that improve attendance, including preparing prosecution paperwork.
- deal with enquiries and queries from parents
- undertake home visits & liaise with other external agencies in order to promote good attendance
- liaise with staff, students, parents, colleagues across the school and multi-agency partners to ensure that attendance processes are accurate and fit for purpose.
- proactively challenge students and parents where students are not present or not on time.
- First point of contact for students and staff requiring emergency First Aid.
We can offer you:
- A personal and caring approach
- A calm and inspiring environment
- Career support and continued professional development
This is a term time only post and includes non-pupil days. You will be contracted for 5 days per week and your hours of work will be 8.00am-4.00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 3.30pm on Friday. This is a Support Staff Band 4 position and the actual salary range for this role is £21,527 - £24,407 per annum. Flexibility is essential to the post as it may be necessary for you to attend evening events.
Grays Convent High School is a successful all girls' Catholic Secondary School with a PAN of 680 students based in Thurrock, Essex. We are a high-performing school that has risen to become one the top performing school in Thurrock.
With a successful OFSTED 'Good' judgment comfortably secured in June 2023, we are now pushing towards 'outstanding' status, with all of the excitement of setting and achieving the highest standards on a daily basis. Our Section 48 Inspection described us as an "Outstanding Catholic School".
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.
Further details and an application pack are available on the school website, www.graysconvent.thurrock.sch.uk or by emailing email@example.com Please note that CVs will not be accepted for this post and all applicants are to complete the school application form.