Download printable version
Catering Manager for 32.5 hours per week Monday to Friday - 8am to 3pm ( with half hour lunch break).
This is a really exciting opportunity for an experienced Catering Manager to join our friendly catering team on a permanent basis.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self motivated individual to join our existing kitchen team.
The successful candidate will:
- Recognise the importance of good quality ingredients and a balanced school menu.
- Hold a level 3 food hygiene certificate (or be prepared to complete a course).
- Have experience of managing a kitchen team and recognise the importance of teamwork.
- Have a good understanding of nutritional guidelines, dietary needs, and food law/legislation.
- Experience of initiatives which have impacted on an increase in school meal numbers.
- Have experience of good stock and waste control
- Recognise the importance of home/school partnerships and inclusion when supporting children with dietary requirements.
- Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure.
We can offer you:
- Support from a food consultancy team and access to a technical advisor, who offer regular opportunities to network with other school cooks and catering managers
- A purpose built school kitchen.
- Children who love to eat school meals!
- A hardworking and supportive kitchen team.
- Well behaved and enthusiastic children, who enjoy eating their school meals.
- Opportunities for you to showcase your skills by planning theme meals to enhance our school curriculum.
- A committed pupil council to work with.
- A dedicated and committed team of midday assistants.
- A Five-star food hygiene rating.
- A supportive admin team who will help to coordinate theme meals and menus.
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting our school office on 01268 571018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. We require the successful candidate to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.