Download printable version
Hamstel Infant & Nursery and Hamstel Junior School, Hamstel Road, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 4PQ
Range: Level 6 Points 13 to 20 - £26,897 to £30,296
Hours of work
This role is full time, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 52 weeks per year.
The hours of work will be between 6:30am and 6pm. The postholder will need to have a flexible approach to their working hours within this time. The 37 hours per week will be split equally over Monday to Friday but the start and finish times daily may change based on the needs of the role and the Trust. They will be agreed with the Estates and Facilities Manager.
There may also be the requirement to cover external evening/weekend lettings on an overtime basis.
As soon as possible
About the role
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Lead Caretaker to support the multi academy trust (MAT) working primarily within Hamstel Infant School & Nursery and Hamstel Junior School.
The successful applicant will:
· Contribute to the smooth running of the trusts schools by organising and leading the daily activities of the wider site team, and taking ownership of swimming pool operations.
· Be a team player who takes pride in the appearance and maintenance of the MAT's buildings and grounds.
· Be an enthusiastic, approachable, highly motivated and flexible individual who possesses general building maintenance and caretaking skills.
· Have a good range of DIY skills such as electrical work, decorating, minor plumbing and carpentry.
· Possess good communication skills as you will be liaising with site caretakers, contractors and tradesmen as well as students and staff.
· You should also have an awareness of COSHH, safe manual handling practices and Health and Safety.
Duties may also include general cleaning, dealing with spillages, blockages, locking and unlocking the sites and any ad-hoc duties that may be required.
Reporting to the Estates and Facilities Manager
A full driving licence and use of your own car is essential as you may be required to attend site outside of normal working hours.
For more information about the role and a description of the type of candidate we are looking for please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more detail.
For an informal discussion regarding any aspect of the role, please contact Rebecca Sanderson, Director of HR on 01702 987890 x310.
If you wish to apply for this role, please contactRebecca Sanderson for an application pack at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01702 987890 x310.
ClosingDate: 24th November 2023 at midday
Interview Date: w/c 27th November 2023
Please include a cover letter with your application form, commenting on how you feel you meet the person specification criteria and providing an insight into your relevant experience.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and shortlisted candidates should be aware that the school will consider carrying out online searches as part of the due diligence on short listed candidate
Information about the School
Hamstel Junior School is part of Portico Academy Trust.
Portico Academy Trust aspires to be at the heart of the local communities it serves. We aim to deliver to local families an excellent primary education and create new opportunities for our pupils.