Download printable version
Start Date:ASAP,37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, Permanent
Salary: Scale 9-10 29-37 £38,025 - £46,130 (inclusive of fringe allowance)(negotiable for the right candidate)
Holiday: 25 + bank holidays (increasing to 28 with 5 years of service)Opportunity for an element of term time holiday
We are seeking to appoint an Estates Manager to lead our high performing Facilities team across our six academies in Essex, five in Harlow and one in Waltham Abbey.
As Manager of our Estates Team, you will have an operational and supervisory role, managing the academies' Site Managers across the six sites, focused on ensuring the safe, economic and effective operation of all Trust buildings and grounds. You will also be involved in facilitating the submission of bids and overseeing capital projects.
Due to the nature of this role a full UK driving licence and own transport is a necessity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- In depth knowledge of property management and Health & Safety legislation
- Experience in creating legally compliant Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Good IT skills
- ISOH/NEBOSH qualification (or a willingness to undertake these)
The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, organised, full of initiative, and common sense, with a proven ability to work effectively under pressure. You will have the ability to lead and relate well and build positive relationships with staff and key stakeholders.
NET Academies Trust offer a unique chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team. Working as a part of a family of schools. The Trust has a dedicated team that works hard to reach high standards in everything they do and this is further embedded through our successful relationships with parents, the local community and the other local schools within NET.
What Ofsted says about NET Academies Trust:
- Staff are proud to work at the school and feel that leaders are considerate of their workload and well-being.
- Staff are complimentary about the opportunities and guidance they receive. This includes training and development opportunities within the trust. They feel that leaders support them with their workload.
- "Leaders are determined for pupils to flourish."
- Staff "have high expectations of what all pupils can achieve.
- Leaders and teachers have worked together with the multi-academy trust (MAT) to develop a high-quality curriculum.
- Staff have regular training. They benefit from opportunities to work with other colleagues across the MAT to share expertise.
- "Strong and purposeful leadership is galvanising staff, raising expectations and transforming the culture of the school. Other senior leaders share your ambitious vision for the school."
- "Staff are very appreciative of the collaborative support that the trust provides and the opportunities for extra training. These supports staff well to implement the chosen curriculum"
What our teachers says about NET Academies Trust schools:
"I feel like it is an incredibly supportive working atmosphere where people want the best for one another and go out of their way to do their best for both staff and pupils. It is pupil driven which is why I particularly agree with the academy's attitude towards priorities."
"The academy allows me to be part of something larger that makes a difference."
"Staff and pupils feel that we are all part of one family that help and support each other."
"I very much enjoy working for the academy, because I feel supported, valued and work with a great group of people."
NET Academies Trust is dedicated to leading and promoting best practice in education. We would like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to talk about the post informally if you require more information.
In compliance with Safer Recruitment guidelines, CVs cannot be accepted.
NET Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of the Safer Recruitment process all shortlisted applicants will be subject to social media checks. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.