Download printable version
Trustee - Volunteer Role
Connected Learning Multi Academy Trust currently has Trustee vacancies and is looking to recruit personnel who can add value to the Governance of the Trust. As the Trust continues to improve in its quality of teaching and learning, under the guidance of our new CEO, we are looking to add additional professional skills to the Trustee body.
Our vision is to enhance our trust board which oversees our schools ensuring Outstanding standards of teaching and pastoral care, offering a high-quality education to all of our children; with each school becoming a 'school of choice' for parents and building a reputable and trusted name in the education space.
We are seeking interested parties that have a professional background as well as the availability to attend termly meetings alongside occasional daytime visits to the schools within the trust. The ideal candidates will have a strategic and analytical mind, as well as empathy for children and their learning.
The responsibilities of a Trustee within Connected Learning are focussed around 3 core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of visions, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing and ensuring effective financial performance
To achieve a rounded and well-structured Trustee board, we are looking for individuals with experience in a professional context; that experience would ideally cover some of the following:
- A financial or accounting background, perhaps holding a professional finance qualification.
- HR or facilities management
- Senior leadership roles within a professional environment including experience of managing budgets and teams
- Strategic consulting or delivery
- Experience of running a business
Should your experience not be listed in the areas specified but you feel you have relevant experience and the desire to participate in the running of the Trust then your contribution would be welcomed.
If you are interested apply via the Essex Schools Jobs website. Applications will be reviewed as and when received and appointments may be made at an early stage if suitable applications are received.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the role before submitting an application please email Barry Collyer, Chair of Trustees at Barrycollyer@connectedlearningmat.co.uk.
Trustees are essential for the effectiveness and success of Connected Learning Multi Academy Trust and its academies; it is an extremely rewarding and fulfilling role
Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust are committed to:
- safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
- promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- promoting the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs;
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment. It is recognised that this can only be achieved through sound procedures, good inter-agency co-operation and the recruitment and retention of competent, motivated employees who are suited to, and fulfilled in the roles they undertake.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.