Download printable version
Assistant Principal and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo)
Friars Primary School & Nursery, Constable Way, Shoeburyness, Essex SS3 9XX
Salary Range: Leadership Scale 5-9
Hours of work
April 2024 or earlier if possible
About the Role
Are you interested in joining a vibrant senior leadership team? Are you highly passionate about education and supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities? Are you an experienced, qualified SENDCo? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Friars is a long-established popular school in Shoeburyness with amazing children, staff and facilities. We are looking to welcome a new Assistant Principal who will be the school's SENDCo into our happy team. As an Assistant Principal you work closely alongside other senior leaders to maintain high standards and lead and support school improvement. As SENDCo, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the provision of special educational needs support across the school.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Being an integral part of the school's Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in delivering effective management and leadership
• Developing and implementing policies and procedures, including those for identifying and assessing special educational needs
• Coordinating the provision of support for all pupils and for those with special educational needs and disabilities
• Liaising closely with parents, outside agencies, and other professionals to ensure that the needs of pupils with special educational needs and disabilities are met
• Supporting the school in ensuring that it meets its statutory obligations under the SEND Code ofPractice
As part of Portico Academy Trust, Friars Primary School can offer you:
• A friendly and supportive atmosphere where everyone is valued and everyone matters
• A nurturing environment with wonderful children who want to learn
• High quality professional development
• Support and collaboration across our Trust
• A very well-resourced school
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. If you would like to learn more about Friars, please contact our school office at email@example.com and a member of our team will arrange a time for you to come and see us. Tours of the school will be with the school's Principal, Mr. Chris McClay.
Full details of the interview process will be shared with those candidates who are shortlisted.
Midday, Friday 24th November 2023
Week commencing Monday 27th November 2023
For further details or an application pack, please contact Mrs. Rebecca Sanderson, Director of HR, Portico Academy Trust, Ronald Hill Grove, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex SS9 2JB
Telephone: 01702 987890 x310
Please include a cover letter with your application form, commenting on how you feel you meet the person specification criteria and providing an insight into your relevant experience.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Assistant Principal and SENDCo Application Form
Assistant Principal and SENDCo Job Description
Assistant Principal and SENDCo Person Specification
Information about the School
Friars Primary School is part of Portico Academy Trust.
Portico Academy Trust aspires to be at the heart of the local communities it serves. We aim to deliver to local families an excellent primary education and create new opportunities for our pupils.
Set in the heart of the community, Friars Primary School offers a welcoming environment that provides a rich curriculum, where children can enjoy learning and where achievement in all aspects of life is celebrated.