Download printable version
Salary L3 - L7
Hours 32.5 per week, Monday - Friday
Deputy Head Teacher Willow Brook Academy and Nursery
We are looking for an inspiring and dynamic Deputy Headteacher who is engaging and passionate about teaching and learning to ensure every child, whatever their background, receives a high quality education. You will provide strategic management for all children across all primary key stages; lead teaching and learning and the curriculum with a focus on high standards; and have excellent classroom practice. Demonstrating your enthusiastic and innovative leadership skills, you will play a key role in developing teachers at all stages in their career, part of our culture of professional learning, reflection and professional pathways.
The successful candidate will be proactive in their approach and have the ability to anticipate the impact of their planned actions. They will build their practice around sharing a vision for students based on the school ethos, collecting empirical and anecdotal evidence, and work with staff and students to review strategies and make any positive amendments. They will be encouraged to be a reflective practitioner and actively seek networking opportunities.
Start date is April 2024 but we are willing to wait until September 2024 for the right candidate.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Engaging and effective in building relationships, highly articulate and an excellent classroom practitioner with a real interest in pedagogy, with the energy and charisma to lead and inspire others
- An outstanding communicator who develops positive relationships with both children and staff
- Understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the children whom we are supporting
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Able to think analytically and creatively
- Committed to raise the achievement of all students of all abilities
- Committed to the safeguarding and well-being of all pupils
Investing in our employees wellbeing and career development is a priority for us, we can offer you:
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and vast promotion opportunities across the trust
- Coaching and mentoring from the academy's experienced leadership team
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work life balance
- The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change
- Access to trust resources and materials to help plan and deliver great lessons
- Cycle to work scheme
- TKAT Widerwallet discount program with a wealth of discounts
- Free eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme - free & confidential advice on a variety of subjects ranging from physical and mental health to financial help
We are delighted that you are interested in joining our school as Deputy Headteacher. At Willow Brook we have a driven and talented team of staff and governors, all of whom are committed to making our school the best it can possibly be for the children in our care. We are proud of our school, and as Head Teacher, I am particularly proud of our children and their learning. It is a privilege to educate and support our diverse community.
Our website is a great way to find out more about our school, but the best way to find out about what makes Willow Brook such a special place is to get in touch and come and visit us. I look forward to welcoming you and sharing our fabulous school with you.
About Willow Brook Academy and Nursery
Willow Brook is a one form entry primary school in Colchester with 37% of pupils coming from a disadvantaged background and 35% with English as an additional language. Our most recent OfSTED inspection was in November 2022 where we judged to be good in all areas. Willow Brook offers excellent provision in Early Years and has extensive grounds. We prioritise reading for all our children across every aspect of the curriculum and all staff have a shared responsibility to ensure that all children develop a love of reading and that no child is left behind.
The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South & East of England with 45 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT Family. Our ultimate aim is to ensure we drive educational standards through the provision of outstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all. Within the#oneTKATfamily, the shared and common purpose is to work together as a community of schools to ensure that every child, whatever their background, receives a high quality education. We place a high value on collaboration;'achieving more together', giving staff the opportunity to come together and learn, ensuring a shared sense of purpose across our network and by sharing expertise across the TKAT family.
We have a flexible approach to interviews and can offer a range of dates and times to suit your personal circumstances.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full safer recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Our Commitment - Equal, Inclusive, Diverse
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic. We have a whole school approach to flexible working to promote a positive work life balance.
TKAT recognises the value of enabling our employees to develop their career and balance this with their commitments and interests outside of work. In TKAT we promote flexible working practices and opportunities to support and value wellbeing.
Access to interview
Should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment.