Download printable version
Fairhouse Primary School has an exciting opportunity for an Attendance and Admissions Officer to join our fantastic team in January 2024.
The position is for 22.5 hours per week, 8:30am to 1:30pm Monday to Friday with a half hour break, 38 weeks per year (plus 1 inset day).
Salary Scale 5, Point 9 (Range 9-10) Actual Salary £13,123 per annum, dependant on qualifications and experience. (which includes paid annual leave which must be taken during school closure periods).
Applications close: Midday on Friday 1st December 2023 Interviews: Monday 11th December 2023
Fairhouse Primary School is a two form primary located in Long Riding, Basildon. We are one of ten schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk ), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.
We have a fabulous opportunity for an experienced administrator to join our friendly, busy school office as an Attendance and Admissions Officer. The applicant should have GCSE in English and Maths equivalent to a minimum of Grade C or Level 4.
We are looking for a person who:
· has knowledge of school attendance and is a champion for raising the profile of attendance
· has excellent communication skills in order to build strong, effective relationships with parents/carers, pupils and staff
· is well organised, can prioritise tasks and manage their workload effectively
· is confident to work in a busy office, dealing with a variety of needs, maintaining a level of calm and professionalism at all times
· has excellent IT skills, preferably with good experience and competence with Excel, Office and school-based management systems such as SIMS
· has a good level of standard English and can communicate professionally and competently through a range of methods (letters, emails, text messages, meetings and telephone calls) with a range of stakeholders
· takes responsibility for, and has pride in their work
We can offer you:
· a well-resourced learning environment with enthusiastic and supportive staff
· a forward looking school that is dedicated to the success of all children and staff
· a commitment to continued professional development
· access to our Employee Assistance Programme for staff and families
Berlesduna is a Trust that values and invests in staff, excellent training, development and planned career progression.
We welcome visits to the school prior to application. Visits can be arranged by contacting Nadine Blackwell at email@example.com or by phone 01268 833915.
As part of your application, you may be required to sit a skills test for maths and English. Please take care to complete the application in full, as any incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
Fairhouse Primary School has an excellent reputation in the local community. We are one of ten schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background. The Trust is growing rapidly and all schools work closely together to provide a vibrant, exciting and dynamic place to learn and work.