Download printable version
Job Title: SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant - Bardfield Academy
Contract: Fixed Term, ending 31st August 2030
Hours per week: 31 hours and 40 minutes, working 38 weeks - Term time only
Scale: 3 Point 5-6 (Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £17,311.65 to £17,592.92 per annum (Depending on experience)
Start Date: 4th January 2024
Closing Date: 30th November 2023
Interview Date: 8th December 2023
Bardfield Academy are seeking a highly motivated and preferably experienced SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant to provide support to two SEND children with EHC Plans. The successful candidate will be required to work 31 hours and 40 minutes per week, Monday to Thursday 08.15 am to 3.15 pm and Friday 08.15 am to 2.00pm.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is hardworking, passionate and enjoys working as a team to join our dedicated and supportive staff at Bardfield Academy. You need to be able to follow a 'One Plan' under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO and must have experience of working with children with Autism and ADHD.
We would like to hear from you if you:
● Are seeking a rewarding role.
● Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and are patience and flexible.
● Have experience working with children who have special educational needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorder.
● Have experience working with children with speech, language and communication difficulties
● Have experience working using visual aids such as PEC's.
● Have a good understanding of different ways of communicating with SEND children.
● Have an understanding of child developmental stages.
● Have excellent communication skills.
● Have good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE grade C or Level 2 and above).
● Have the ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
We can offer:
● Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
● A forward thinking, proactive Trust that is dedicated to the success of its pupils and staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of leadership who are dedicated and committed to the success of pupils and staff alike.
● Leadership Academy - establishing professional pathways for all employees to reach their potential by targeted CPD and career development.
● A comprehensive Employee Assistance programme available to all employees.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
If you think you would complement our team, please contact the school office and arrange a visit; come and see for yourself the potential our school has.Please contact the school directly on 01245 354605 to arrange an appointment.
Please complete the application form attached along with the recruitment monitoring form and return them to email@example.com.
Parkwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.