Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, a highly effective and experienced full time member of staff to join the Administration Team.
This position is for Cecil Jones Academy: Eastern Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 4BU
Our commitment to your professional development can be seen in our Investors in People status. We treat children as individuals and we are strongly committed to equality of opportunity.
Our ICT rich environment promotes learning both in the classroom and elsewhere. You will have the exciting opportunity to work alongside a highly motivated, supportive and well qualified team of teachers and support staff.
Like us, you will be dynamic, innovative and hardworking with a desire to positively impact upon students' learning and a firm commitment to high academic achievement. Above all you will be dedicated to giving all our students an outstanding education.
To have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, have a polite and courteous manner and have the ability to work in a busy Office environment.
General Duties include:
- Undertake typing and word processing and IT based tasks
- Answering of telephone calls in a timely manner
- Transferring of calls to the relevant person in a professional and effective way
- Taking of messages for staff correctly and ensuring message is passed in a timely manner
- Answering of general enquires from members of the school community in a professional and courteous manner
- Manage manual and computerised record information systems
- Analyse and evaluate data/information
- Produce reports/information/data as required
- Provide personal, administrative and organisation support to other staff
- Undertake administration of complex procedures including submitting forms, returns, etc.
- Operate relevant equipment/IT packages/Databases
- Provide advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others
- Undertake research and obtain information to inform decisions
- Involvement in production/availability of school documentation and policies
Additional Duties include:
- Ensure the effectiveness of the General Office (adequate stationery, envelopes etc)
- Completion of memorandums/letters as directed by the Line Manager/SLT
- 1st Aid
- Any other agreed duties appropriate to and commensurate with the post
The post is full time 8am to 4pm (52.14 weeks)
The salary is Scale 5 SCP 6 to 13 [England and Wales]:£ 21,968 to £24,948 per annum
If you have any questions regarding the post or are unable to apply on line, please contact 01702 440000
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS record check.
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we consider that we have received an appropriate number of suitable applications for the post.
If you have any questions regarding the post or are unable to apply on line, please contact 01702 440000 to request an Application Pack or speak to Mrs Thurley, PA to the Head teacher/ Human Resources Officer on Telephone:01702 440000 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the School
Cecil Jones has been graded GOOD by Ofsted after a full inspection in September 2023.
As part of the Loxford School Trust we are able to work within a hub of schools, led by Loxford School, an Outstanding school, thus ensuring that our staff are able to deliver the highest educational standards.
This enables us to stay ahead of an ever evolving education system and a constantly changing society. The Trust strongly believes in developing students, so that they are able to achieve their potential both academically and as members of our community.
We work on the traditional values of respect, discipline and responsibility to prepare our students for the challenges of examinations, social interactions and the world of work. We want all of our students to find their passion and have the tools to pursue their dreams.
Our vision is simple, “that no child is left behind”.
Students are at the centre of everything we do and we aim to give all the necessary foundations for success by helping students develop the skills and attributes that will provide them with real life-chances. Students are expected to work hard and to achieve their individual best academically, to develop skills relevant to the 21st Century and to develop the self-confidence and sense of purpose necessary for success in a highly competitive global society.
Cecil Jones Academy will provide a safe, yet challenging environment where students can succeed and excel.
We will develop a strong pastoral system and curriculum to allow us to ensure that our students are happy, safe and challenged in all they do at school.
Cecil Jones Academy is an inclusive school and we pride ourselves on the fact that we are a family. We will work closely with our parents and our community in order to achieve the best for all in our school.
We aim to:
- Achieve exam success for all – we want our pupils to have as many choices as possible, with a strong foundation of
- Ensure that every child leaves our school knowing themselves as an individual, as a member of a team and as a
- Create a culture of learning for life
- Provide the skills needed for self-management, resilience and self-worth
- Give opportunities and experiences outside of the classroom to enrich our pupils
We believe that every student has the potential to achieve greatness and will work with every student to ensure that they get there. Our school is committed to the success of each of our pupils.
Our website should answer many of your queries and we always welcome visitors to our school.