Download printable version
Full time, 37 Hours per week
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed ICT Support Technician to join our growing central services ICT team within the Saffron Academy Trust.
This role will be based mainly at Alec Hunter Academy, Braintree, Essex, but will also include working at other schools within the trust.
· Assisting with the daily operation and maintenance of all the ICT systems
· Ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of all systems
· Provide technical support to both staff and students
· Assisting with maintaining specialist equipment
· Perform hardware installations, repairs, and upgrades.
The ideal candidate should have:
· Prior experience in desktop support for end-users.
· The ability to diagnose hardware/software faults and solve technical or application problems.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, and M365 is desirable.
· Previous experience in the education sector (beneficial).
· Familiarity with education-specific software such as SIMS (not mandatory).
· A full clean UK driving license and access to their own vehicle.
We are looking for someone who:
· Possesses excellent communication skills.
· Works well as part of a team.
· Is self-motivated and eager to learn new skills.
· Has a genuine interest in ICT.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates - you can read more about this in our Recruitment and Selection Policy Statement.A Disclosure and Barring Service check at an enhanced level will be required for this post. If you would like to visit the school prior to making an application, please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange this.
You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands, or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.