Download printable version
ALTON PARK JUNIOR SCHOOL
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT (FTC until 31/08/2024)
Pay Range: Local Government Pay Scale 3, Point 5-6
Actual Salary from: £13,409 - £13,653
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking an outstanding individual to work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and school policies and procedures.
This role is 27.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (term time only) for a fixed term until 31st August 2024.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher adjusting activities according to pupils' responses as appropriate.
- Establish positive relationships with pupils supported.
- Support pupils with activities which support literacy and numeracy skills
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom and develop pupils' competence and independence in its use
- Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies and help keep pupils on task
We're looking for you if you have:
- Successful experience working with children in a school/early years environment
- Successful experience working with children with SEMH needs
- Educated to NVQ Level 2 in learning support/early years, NNEB or equivalent qualification/experience
- Basic knowledge of First Aid and understanding of the School
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Alton Park Junior School?
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Perkbox, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
Please note that an integration period applies to all new staff joining the Trust, to support introduction into the organisation.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please copy and paste the URL link below into your internet browser:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
- Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 28th November 2023
- Interview date: TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
Alton Park Junior School is proud to be part of the Sigma Trust.
At Alton Park Junior School, a large Junior School with a 4 form entry for children aged 7-11 years, we aim to challenge all our pupils to ensure they fulfil their potential. We promote respect and tolerance within school and our wider community which prepares our children for life in modern Britain.
Our vision is that our children will achieve well, have fun and develop a lifelong passion for learning at Alton Park Junior School and for the future.
We believe in an education which is holistic, equitable, empowering, nurturing and liberating for all members of the school and the local and wider community. This is achieved through a determined dedication to serve, through self-belief, through effective collaboration with others and sustained by ensuring transparent accountability at all levels.
Alton Park Junior School will embrace the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.Alton Park Junior School is part of the Sigma Trust. The school is a 4 form entry for children aged 7-11 years.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records, online checks and other vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.